Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
TLC’s Production Coordinator will serve as a key partner by providing creative and administrative support, working closely with team to ensure deadlines, budgets and deliverables are met.
1. Collaborate and work closely with Executive Producers & production companies in overall communication on designated programs.
2. Track and Review team production schedules, treatments, scripts, rough cuts, fine cuts, final screening copies, and other materials.
3. Manage the project production schedule for contract compliance and overall project workflow. Track deliverables and communicate fulfillment of production milestones, production issues or changes, to project team members.
4. Manage and distribute production delivery schedules, episode descriptions, shooting locations, production company information, and other relevant program updates using appropriate databases.
5. Provide, organize, and dispense production information to outside production companies (i.e. clocks, technical guidelines, producer’s packet, logo, uplink numbers, credits, ad sales guidelines, copyright language, research information, TE results, suggested breaks, etc.)
6. Maintain constant communication with production companies to ascertain the most accurate and updated production information such as production schedule, shoot locations, episode descriptions, credits, scripts, selects, casting, graphics, etc.
7. Liaison between TLC Ad Sales, Executive Producers, and the production companies as a conduit in information on trade-outs, and product participation process, as well as ad sales guidelines. Serve as contact for other internal departments for key information on shows – schedule, selects, creative updates, clips, etc.
8. Assist with coordination and communication with other internal departments. Including:
• Press/IPR – Provide treatments, episode descriptions, cuts, production delivery dates and shoot locations. Coordinate with Press regarding promotable titles, Upfront programs, and TCA to include production personnel relations and presentation tape production.
• Programming – Provide episode descriptions, episode and show titles, program clips for ad sales reels, delivery updates, and upfront information. Develop alternative program titles, facilitate title clearance process, provide parental ratings, and recommend viewer advisories.
• Program Editing/Shared Program Services – Notification of master deliveries, production schedules, suggested edits, viewer advisories, re-narration and off-line / on-line supports as needed, and assist in resolving TE issues.
• Multi-platform Services- work with the online, and digital team as well as liaise with the production companies to ensure all relevant and ancillary deliverables are met on time and budget.
• Production Management – Provide timely updates on production schedules, milestone payment confirmation and other deliverables information.
• Viewer Relations – Provide Viewer Relations representatives / viewers with airdates, contact information, and filed program content questions.
• Content Clip Assist with clips for internal meetings.
• Marketing & Promotions – Assist in selecting and distributing clips, scripts, and artwork for promo editing and consumer marketing campaigns.
• Business Affairs / Legal – Coordination and communication with Business Affairs and Legal as needed regarding business and contractual matters.
* At least two years experience in television or film production or equivalent education and experience required.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills a must.
* Strong organizational ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
* Should be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Silver Spring, Maryland, MD
Offering remarkably relatable real-life stories without judgment. TLC’s hit series share everyday heart, humor, hope, and human connection with programming genres that include fascinating families, heartwarming transformations, and life’s milestone moments such as wedding-themed programs anchored by Say Yes To The Dress. TLC is a global brand available in more than 94 million homes in the US and 302 million subscribers in 194 markets internationally. TLC is part of Discovery Communications, the world’s #1 pay-TV programmer reaching nearly 3 billion cumulative subscribers in more than 220 countries and territories.