Production Bookings Supervisor
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
Full Time Job
The Production Booking Supervisor is responsible for booking and scheduling of the freelancer crews working on the live productions produced out of the London Technology hub. The facility comprises of Production and Sound Control Rooms, Commentary booths and Multi-Function Rooms which are operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
You will be responsible for the crewing of the multiple live events, ensuring gallery crews are prepped, prepared and clear on the requirements of the live productions being broadcast. As one of the key communicators within the department you are responsible for ensuring that all relevant contributors have the latest information, and everyone is fully informed on the day’s live events.
This role will require weekend and evening work, but predominantly standard office hours will apply. Flexibility is key and from time to time there may be a requirement to work on location internationally.
• Book, roster and schedule freelance crews.
• Assist production managers with finding required crew ensuring the right person is hired for the role.
• Manage Booking Coordinators daily duties, ensuring constant high standard of work and efficient and effective time management.
• Create supportive documentation for clients, production teams regarding crew availability.
• Liaise with clients, third party production companies and internal production teams to ensure the highest level of support is supplied from booking through to live delivery
• Support client’s requirements during the production process, ensuring resources and editorial aspirations are achievable.
• Work alongside Engineering, Technical and Audio Supervisors to ensure that live events set up and testing requirements are covered.
• Create, review and provide monthly budgeting feedback on production spend.
• Track Freelancers expenses and report actuals monthly to the Facility Production Manager and production clients
• Maintain a healthy and happy pool of freelancers.
• Contribute to the development of training plans to deliver staff and freelancer training requirements as necessary
• Identify key development opportunities for improved workflows, and enhanced reporting.
• Promote sharing of best practice and process change opportunities to support an efficient and effective department.
• Actively ensure compliance with all Health and Safety policies
• Other duties as required
• Ability to work on multiple productions at any one time
• Experience of managing crewing for both studio and OB sporting shows
• Demonstrable working knowledge of end-to-end production procedures for live and pre-recorded sporting shows
• Experience of producing production documentation and communicating this clearly to a wide array of stakeholders
• Working knowledge of scheduling systems, rostering and shift working patterns
• Understanding of IR35
• Has experience raising PO’s, tracking Invoices, budget maintenance
• Strong organisational and planning skills, able to manage conflicting demands to meet deadlines
• Ability to use own initiative with confidence, using judgment to escalate where necessary and can communicate their requirements and needs across the wider business
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Pro-active in troubleshooting, problem solving and avoidance of issues