Production Bookings Coordinator
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
Full Time Job
The LTH Production Booking Coordinator provides support to the broadcast facility production team based out of the London technical hub. The facility comprises of Production and Sound Control Rooms, Commentary booths and Multi-Function Rooms which are operational 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Within the role you will be supporting the booking of crew and staff for Discovery’s live production facility. You will work in partnership with our clients and production colleagues to deliver outstanding, sporting content across the Nordics and the UK.
This role will require occasional weekend and evening work as production dictates, but predominantly standard office hours will apply. Flexibility is key and from time to time there may be a requirement to work on location internationally.
• Update and maintain freelancer scheduling software on behalf of the production facility team
• Work in conjunction with the Production Facility Supervisor and Booking Supervisors to maintain up to date rosters, ensuring the adequate levels of cover are in place for holidays, sickness and training
• Booking crew across multiple live events
• Liaising with freelance crew on working hours and shift times
• Flag crewing hot spots early, and escalate when needed.
• Attend daily scheduling meetings to ensure information is communicated across all teams.
• Organise training of new freelancers and onboarding to relevant systems.
• Coordinate logistics including flights, ground transport & accommodation for Production teams when required
• Support internal & external contributors to navigate corporate systems, to ensure smooth workflows on site.
• Deliver monthly updates on crewing utilisation
• Support with on- boarding of new freelancers on relevant systems, Knowledge of FieldGlass, MediaPulse beneficial.
• Maintain positive working relationship with all suppliers to support Discovery /Eurosport’s interests
• Actively ensure compliance with all Health and Safety policies,
• Other duties as required
• Experience working in live, multi-sport event production
• A passion for sports and live production
• Strong knowledge relating to television & digital production
• Understand scheduling systems and rostering restrictions.
• Strong organisational skills & attention to detail
• Self-motivated & strong problem solving approach required
• Proactive self starter, with a drive for enhancing workflows and processes
• Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
• Understanding of IR35
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and use own initiative with confidence
• Strong team player with the ability to motivate, develop and inspire others with solid interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Adaptable and flexible in a challenging, demanding and fast-paced environment