Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/14/2021 10:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Production Assistant jobs in New York-NY
Search all Production Assistant postings
Full Time Job
As the Production Assistant, you will support the Food Network/Cooking Channel Brand Creative Production Management team. This is an entry-level position that requires a high-level of organizational skills and the ability to multitask. Candidates must have a strong interest in production logistics and coordination.
• Assist Brand Creative Production Management team with coordination on team projects.
• Acquire materials needed by Writer/Producers and outside production partners for promotional projects, including graphics, music, source footage, show descriptions, etc.
• Coordinate footage delivery from show production teams, building relationships and working to obtain footage in a timely manner.
• Support Writer/Producers with music searches, tracking file delivery and coordinating graphic needs.
• Work closely with the Operations team to load materials for Writer/Producers’ edit sessions (digital files, footage from drives, Aspera downloads), troubleshooting any issues that arise with footage deliveries.
• Review and check all promotional spots for accuracy prior to delivery for air.
• Manage international asset requests and deliveries.
• Create files and other requested materials for internal and external clients.
• Create compilation reels for team meetings.
• Assist with daily organizational tasks and regularly update project database.
• Supervise basic edits, audio mixes and voice-over sessions as needed.
• Ingest shoot footage into media library.
• Other duties as needed and as directed by supervisor
• Log and screen footage as needed.
• Submit all final deliverables upon completion of project.
• Assist Vice President with administrative tasks as needed.
• Education : A college degree or equivalent experience required.
• Experience : Experience in the media industry is preferred, but not required.
• Skills/Abilities : Must be highly organized. Has the ability to multitask and work well under pressure. Works well in a team environment, and is a self-starter who can take charge and quickly troubleshoot issues as they arise.