Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Production Assistant to support the Food Network/Cooking Channel Brand Creative Production Management team. This is an entry-level position that requires a high-level of organizational skills and the ability to multi-task. Candidate must have a strong interest in production management and coordination.
1. Assist Brand Creative Production Management team with all administrative needs.
2. Acquire materials needed by Writer/Producers and outside production partners for promotional projects. Includes graphics, music, source footage, show descriptions, etc.
3. Coordinate footage delivery from show production teams and work ahead to receive footage in a timely manner
4. Support Writer/Producers with music searches, creating tape logs, tracking digital file delivery and coordinating graphic needs.
5. Work closely with Operations team to load materials for Writer/Producers’ edit sessions (digital files, footage from drives, FTP downloads). Troubleshoot any issues that arise with footage deliveries.
6. Review and check all promotional spots for accuracy prior to delivery for air.
7. Create files and other requested materials for internal and external clients.
8. Create compilation reels for team meetings.
9. Manage project requests including producing clip reels and tagging promos and interstitials with sponsor materials.
10. Assist with daily organizational tasks and regularly update project database.
11. Supervise basic edits, audio mixes, and voice-over sessions as needed.
12. Deliver/Pick-up materials to and from edit sessions, as needed in-house and at post-production facilities.
13. Ingest shoot footage into media library.
14. Oversee asset delivery for international team.
15. Other duties as needed and as directed by supervisor.
* A college degree or equivalent experience required.
* Experience in the media industry is preferred, but not required.
* Must be highly organized.
* Has the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
* Works well in a team environment, is a self-starter who can take charge and quickly troubleshoot issues as they arise.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY