Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 3/24/2021 12:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Product Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Product Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Product Manager? Job Summary
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and the Travel Channel, is searching for a Product Manager, Home in New York, NY, Los Angeles, CA, or Seattle, WA to join our team to build and manage home-related digital products across our well-loved lifestyle brands.
What You'll Do
As a Product Manager, Home, you will be responsible for creating and delivering best-in-class customer experiences in the digital home category. You’ll work with colleagues across product, design, engineering, editorial, marketing and business. You’ll thrive making decisions for products with a brand that customers know and love, based on user data and research. Your passion will be to discover and develop products and features that deliver both meaningful benefit to our users and strategic success for our company.
1. Discover how our products can best serve customers’ daily needs based on a deep understanding of the user, data analysis, and market analysis.
2. Manage initiatives from conception through execution, identifying KPIs and monitoring them post-launch for insights into next steps.
3. Develop and own the home-related product roadmap, collaborating with designers and engineers on user stories, prioritization, and sprint planning, demos, and retros.
4. Lead the full product lifecycle - from ideation, design, definition, through to delivery -- collaborating with teams across the organization
5. Communicate a clear set of home-related consumer needs at all times to drive key decisions and prioritization.
As the ideal candidate, you're a driven, passionate advocate for your customers and your business, with a sense of urgency to make things better wherever you are. You make data-driven decisions and obsess about the customer. You have a strong point of view, but you're open-minded. Your team loves working with you because you lead through inspiration and motivation. You build trust with all areas of the business and have a proven track record. You take end-to-end ownership and consistently deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
• Bachelor's degree required, Masters a plus
• 3 years experience in digital product management
• Deep empathy for customers and other humans
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Strong experience with analytics and user research to drive decisions
• 2 years' experience with Agile methodologies
• Ability to speak fluently with business people, engineers, partners
• Experience with product discovery, design thinking, lean product a plus
• Experience as a designer, engineer, data analyst or user researcher a plus
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.