Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/11/2021 11:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for Product Manager-Tech jobs in New York-NY
Search all Product Manager-Tech postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Product Manager-Tech?
Full Time Job
Product Manager-Tech II
The Direct To Consumer Group is a technology company within the broader Discovery brand. We are building a global streaming video platform (OTT), and a suite of applications to support all of our network’s brands globally. We are building modern container- based microservices operated on AWS. Our platform covers everything from search, catalogue, video transcoding, personalization, to global subscriptions, and much more. We build user experiences ranging from classic lean-back viewing to interactive learning applications. We build for connected TVs, web, mobile phones, tablets, and consoles for a large footprint of Discovery owned networks. (Discovery , Food Network, Golf TV, MotorTrend, Eurosport, DPlay, and many more) This is a growing, global engineering group crucial to Discovery’s future.
Discovery is looking for a Product Manager-Tech III to join our team. We are looking for that rare candidate with exemplary written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to enforce processes, steer program roadmap and manage multiple projects at one time.
The ideal candidate communicates clearly with both internal and external stakeholders, organizes project timelines, secures commitments, manages risks, identifies the critical path, spots edge cases, reviews metrics & data, and monitors operations. The ideal candidate is a strong self-starter and therefore can drill into business data and research results to identify clear direction and focus for their tasks, projects and programs. They continue to move forward in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge.
The ideal candidate has had experience working with multiple partners and maintaining partner relationships. They have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects. They have experience in project management and agile development methodologies with a proven track record of delivering results. They must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. You are a key influencer in your team’s strategy and contribute significantly to team planning. You show good judgement making trade-offs between immediate and long-term business needs.
1. Handle technical discovery with new ad-tech partners.
2. Work with engineering to plan and deliver features/solutions.
3. Work with global ad sales teams to understand requests and their feasibility.
4. Contribute to ranking/prioritizing all approved features/updates.
5. Preserve the user experience throughout all updates.
• Have 5 or more years’ experience with ad tech
• Extensive experience with executing and tracking projects
• A "fixer" mentality
• Actively manage interdependencies within the team, across the organization and mitigate resource constraints by facilitating prioritization and trade-off discussions.
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate, and make trade-offs.
• You must have experience with JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet and Google or Microsoft Suite of products.
• You have repeatedly demonstrated the ability to understand organizational and corporate goals and ensured that your projects delivered what was required to hit these goals.
• Deep working knowledge/experience with modern day video ad servers (GAM, OpenX, FreeWheel)
• General understanding of ad sales work flow – from pitch to billing.
• Curious nature around technology and strong organizational skills a must.
• Experience in CTV monetization
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Communicate clearly and effectively with stakeholders; both technical and non-technical
• Value and consider user experience at all turns.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City