Discovery CommunicationsBellevue, WA
Full Time Job
We are hiring a Sr. Product Analyst in Bellevue, Washington to investigate, discover, and scale actionable insights that drive improvements across our food, home, and lifestyle products. This Sr. Product Analyst will be an experienced analytics professional on the Data Science and Analytics team. They will help ideate, design and analyze A/B tests for digital products in Discovery’s direct-to-consumer business unit.
This role will analyze product features, business performance, build business intelligence reports, dashboards, and drive custom insights to support consumer products across mobile, tablets, web, connected TV, voice, and emerging technologies. They will use big data platforms and business intelligence technology to drive these insights and product capabilities. This product analyst will work closely with product, design, content, and marketing teams to develop insights that drive material improvements to benefit Discovery’s customers.
An ideal candidate will be a driven, passionate advocate for test-and-learn approach to drive product improvements. This person will make data-driven decisions, have an insatiable curiosity, love enabling others through data, and obsess about customers. They will have data-driven approach and remain open-minded should evidence lead in directions they did not foresee. Others on the team enjoy working with them because they are reliable, innovative, respectful, and deliver results. They build trust with people from all areas of the business and have a proven track record. They take end-to-end ownership of their work and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment.
1. Influence product strategy and product roadmap by defining KPIs for product features, evaluate product feature performance and provide recommendation for product feature enhancements.
2. Partner with product, marketing, engineering, and analytics stakeholders to plan, design, execute and analyze A/B and multivariate tests for digital products.
3. Partner with product engineering and data engineering teams to instrument quality checks for A/B tests to ensure tests are set up correctly and all data is captured in analytics systems.
4. Define and develop relevant success metrics for A/B tests; automate evaluation and analysis of tests. Build and automate scalable tools to surface key data to stakeholders across various levels of data literacy.
5. Drive adoption of A/B tests across DTC organization by partnering with stakeholders, coaching business partners on using data and analytics for decision-making.
6. Act as team’s thought leader on best practices and drive long-term vision of sustainable and thriving data processes.
7. Lead large-scale analysis across data sets to deliver meaningful insights and answer a wide array of business questions.
8. Lead analysis across multiple data sets to deliver meaningful insights to answer business questions.
9. Work in fast-paced and rapidly growing environment and provide advice in situations where all data is not available.
10. Support the hiring and development of other business analysts and other technical professionals, helping them enhance their skills, while supporting a fun and engaging culture.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience in analyzing A/B tests business analytics and insights.
* Highly proficient in using SQL to extract, manipulate data and perform in-depth analysis.
* Experience in predictive analytics, forecasting and common statistical concepts to analyze A/B tests.
* Demonstrated ability to work across product and engineering to evaluate new ideas and discuss technical concepts.
* Solid written and verbal communication skills. Communicate results/findings clearly to your audience.
* Ability to meet multiple deadlines in fast-paced environment with attention to detail
* Prioritize work based on business needs and project requirements.
* Experience with Adobe Analytics is a plus.
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (Redshift, S3, EC2, EMR, etc.) is a plus.
Bellevue, Washington, WA, BLV
Discovery, Inc. is the global leader in real life entertainment. We serve passionate fans with content that inspires, informs, and entertains, providing leadership across deeply loved and trusted brands, such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel. Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery reaches viewers on all screens and services, from free-to-air and pay-TV channels, to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year.
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day, and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain, but improve the lives of our customers.