Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 5/6/2021 2:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Social Media Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Producer jobs in New York-NY
Search all Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Producer? About the Role
The Producer, DTC is responsible for curating, programming and publishing content to Discovery’s direct to consumer experiences. The Producer, DTC will be responsible for curating digital experiences to drive engagement and awareness. Additionally, the Producer, DTC will aid in the translation and language versioning of the discovery app.
They will represent the DTC team at meetings and work closely with GO producers, network & original programming, acquisitions, and marketing/social teams to ensure that the DTC experiences extend the brand. The Producer will need to present to consumers a coherent message that is in sync with product stakeholders while providing a highly sticky experience that drives engagement and revenue.
• You have a creative programming eye coupled with a data-driven approach
• Expertise in building and executing content curation and content mix development strategies
• Collaborative wit the ability to develop strong working relationships and build consensus across functions
• Savvy in working with executive-level stakeholders
• Fluent in written and spoken French ( Québécois preferred) or Spanish a
• Partner with Sr. Producer to devise and implement a performance driven programming/editorial strategy and socialize it amongst the product stakeholders
• Work with enterprise metadata on translation and localization within the app experience
• Curate long and short-form content for portfolio priorities, seasonal opportunities, and around trending topics
• Merchandise promotional areas on apps and sites; work with GO, social, and marketing teams for effective promotion of content
• Track content through scheduling and delivery processes
• Publish long and short-form videos using web-based CMS in a deadline driven environment
• Maintain knowledge of program library to thoroughly exploit the existing library through stunts and packages
• Work in conjunction with matrixed divisional resources (design, product, digital distribution, media logistics, legal, and social media)
• Own engagement SMART goals and evaluate content performance daily, recommending and implementing changes when appropriate.
• Assist in the development and maintenance of the editorial voice/style guide for the consumer interface of the product
• Maintain awareness of current competitors’ products and programming strategies to maintain high level of content/experience that keeps pace with audience expectations
• Drive meetings to discuss strategy with executive-level stakeholders
• Bachelor’s degree in New Media, Journalism, Communication or related field
• 3 year’s experience in online/interactive media, program scheduling or equivalent
• Fluency in written and spoken French ( Québécois preferred) or Spanish
• Proficiency with MS Office suite, online tracking/reporting tools (Google Analytics), online content management and publishing systems
• Video programming/development or editorial experience
• Ability to multi-task while prioritizing workloads
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Flexible and can pivot as the project dictates; thrives in fast paced, dynamic environment
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.