Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Producer will help to execute on new digital programming on multiple platforms. Core responsibilities include show development, producing, driving projects from pre-production through final delivery, partnering with production companies to innovate on storytelling and formats, ensuring that projects remain on schedule throughout the process, and working with talent.
1. Produce short-, mid- and long-form content with internal resources and external production companies and clearly communicate ideas and objectives.
2. Work with executive producer to scale content and surface efficiencies.
3. Work with executive producer and other key stakeholders to develop the overall look and feel of new series, including development of storylines, formats and talent.
4. Partner with editorial, convergent, social, legal, marketing, programming and research teams to develop best practices and create strategic promotional plans.
5. Monitor competitive programming and marketplace trends to suggest new strategies and techniques to incorporate into programming.
6. Pitch digital ideas regularly across Discovery’s Food properties.
* Must have food/culinary media experience
* Must have experience representing brand or network vision while working with third-party production companies
* Must have experience working in a scaled daily production environment, preferably with live video production
* Must have digital post-production experience
* Preferred candidates will have linear TV experience
* Must understand an app-based audience and viewing habits within these environments.
* Must be collaborative and possess a high degree of adaptability and flexibility.
* Must possess strong communication skills, both in-person and digitally.
* Minimum of 4 years digital video production experience.
* Must be highly organized and very comfortable operating in a startup-style environment.
* Must have a critical and advanced eye in terms of aesthetics and storytelling with experience in post-production.
* Bachelor’s degree required.
* Bonus points for experience shooting, editing, and directing.
* Some travel required.
* The Producer should have proven experience in digital video content conception, development, and execution for various platforms.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
Discovery, Inc. is seeking a dynamic and strategic producer to focus on digital content development and production for Food Network digital platforms. A successful candidate for this role will help to pitch, develop, and execute on compelling programming for ongoing and upcoming initiatives.