Principal Product Manager
Discovery CommunicationsBellevue, WA
Full Time Job
Discovery is looking for an expert and customer obsessed Principal Product Manager, Commerce & Monetization for the digital and direct to consumer business for Food Network Kitchen and Digital Studios portfolio of sites, including Food Network, HGTV, Discovery, and Travel Channel. As the Principal Product Manager, Commerce & Monetization, you will combine the inspiration of our food and home brands with a data driven approach to discover, develop, and ship products that delight customers.
In this role, you'll own, drive and manage the vision, strategy, roadmaps and successful delivery for growing revenue across our portfolio. You'll work with colleagues across product, design, engineering, editorial, marketing and business development. You'll thrive making decisions for products with a brand that customers know and love, based on user data and research. Your passion will be to discover and develop products and features that deliver both meaningful benefits to our users and strategic success for our company.
Day-to-day, you'll succeed by learning what solutions are simultaneously usable, valuable, and feasible, through product discovery, design thinking & data driven experiments. You'll connect regularly with customers to develop a deep understanding of our audience and industry. You'll lead and motivate a dedicated, cross-functional agile team by communicating vision, prioritizing opportunities that deliver value to our customers and scale the product. You collaborate regularly and clearly with partners and stakeholders.
1. Own the commerce & monetization product roadmap. Create and manage a customer focused plan for growing the Food & Home digital business through subscriber growth, commerce, advertising and new lines of business.
2. Exhibit deep understanding of the user, data analysis, and market analysis. Drive rapid experimentation to understand how to best maximize value. Serve as a role model for customer empathy.
3. Set product priorities, manage tradeoffs and build shared understanding.
4. Own product development from start to finish; driving alignment around a vision and priorities and shipping high impact products.
5. Drive ship cadence and ensure high quality, defect free products are launched. Inspire and encourage teams to push for a higher quality bar across the broader direct to consumer organization. Create and improve team and organizational processes and mechanisms to ensure product meets customer needs.
6. Create and use data and research to validate the impact of your products and demonstrate a consistent high bar for achieving high impact product and business goals. Share learnings across teams.
7. Exemplary written and verbal communication skills. Your business documents, use cases, user stories and product updates set the bar for PMs across the team.
8. Highly respected and effective partner for engineering, design, marketing, editorial and other relevant teams. They trust your work and view you as an ally.
As the ideal candidate, you’re a driven, passionate advocate for your customers and your business, with a sense of urgency to make things better wherever you are. You make data-driven decisions and obsess about the customer. You have a strong point of view, but you’re open-minded. Your team loves working with you because you lead through inspiration and motivation. You build trust with all areas of the business and have a proven track record. You take end-to-end ownership and consistently deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
5 years work experience in product management job function in ecommerce, media, technology, or relevant industries
• Experience developing products to drive growth and maximize revenue with commerce and subscriptions based products. Experience in web, iOS, Android required; cross platform experience preferred.
• Deep empathy for customers and other humans.
• Excellent track record of product management and shipping business strategy for consumer facing features and products
• Experience navigating ambiguous problems with demonstrated results
• Experience removing roadblocks, making tradeoffs, managing risk and shipping high quality features on time
• Strong analytical skills and adept at using data and metrics to identify opportunities, solve problems, and inform priorities.
• Detail oriented; ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
• Comfortable working in a rapidly changing environment and delivering continuous innovation
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States