Principal Product Manager - Analytics
Discovery CommunicationsBellevue, WA
This was removed by the employer on 8/22/2021 5:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the IS/IT Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Principal Product Manager - Analytics jobs in Bellevue-WA
Search all Principal Product Manager - Analytics postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Principal Product Manager - Analytics?
Full Time Job
The Data Science & Analytics team is hiring a Principal Product Manager in Bellevue, Washington to drive innovative and data driven analytical solutions for customers across Discovery’s wide array of direct-to-consumer products, including digital products across entertainment, food, home, auto, nature, and science. The Principal Product Manager will be an experienced product manager with extensive background in data and analytics and proven track record in enabling teams with actionable data and insightful analytics. He/she will identify opportunities to use data and analytics to improve product related decision making; drive analytics implementation for digital products and be a leader in advancing the use of scientific methods to solve business and technology problems.
This senior leader will partner closely with engineering to design data capture, work with data engineering to build and maintain scalable analytics infrastructure and collaborate with data scientists and business analysts to derive value out of data. This senior leader will have strong attention to detail, in-depth analytical knowledge and understand & follow agile methods; adapt to dynamic & changing environment and communicate with simplicity & in timely manner. You will work cross-functionally with Data Scientists, Product Managers, Engineers and Business stakeholders to identify new opportunities, influence and align priorities and execute against roadmap to meet and exceed goals.
An ideal candidate will be a creative thinker, result-driven and passionate for using data and scientific methods to drive innovation and produce great experiences for our customers. This person will advocate for data-driven decision making, have an insatiable curiosity, love to invent and innovate to solve difficult problems, and obsess about their customers. The candidate will have a strong point of view but remain open-minded should evidence lead elsewhere. This senior product manager takes end-to-end ownership of their work and consistently delivers results in a fast-paced environment and envisions new models that help technology and business teams become more efficient.
• Collaborate with product, marketing, analytics and technology teams to uncover the needs of internal customers, including product, marketing, business, and operations teams, and create a playbook for planning and delivering analytic solutions.
• Play a leading role in defining data capture solutions for digital products, balancing with the technical performance of the product; establish standards for enhancing data capture solutions.
• Communicate effectively and in timely manner across different levels ranging from engineers to executives, and enable decision-making through use of data, analytics and scientific methods.
• Have excellent understanding of data science fundamentals, data structures and algorithms.
• Assist data scientists by creating conceptual data and analytical models for new business problems, enable real time execution & automation and gather feedback to improve analytical and data science models.
• Thoroughly understand of Data Scientists’ and Analysts’ needs and partner with data engineering to efficiently handle large volume of data in real time as well as batch data and identify opportunities to decrease execution times.
• Define requirements across product, data science, analytics, and engineering to develop a suite of data tools, including specifications, data processing solutions, experimentation frameworks and data visualization tools.
• Proactively identify risks and issues and drive effective resolution by engaging different teams across the organization, actively manage dependencies and mitigate resource constraints.
• Collaborate with designers, engineers, and data scientists on user stories, prioritization, and sprint planning, demos, and retrospectives to develop model-based solutions for product initiatives and launches.
• Minimum of 10 years of proven experience in product management in technology environment.
• Strong understanding of digital products, e-commerce economics and strong business acumen.
• Drive incremental improvements in ambiguous situations and in a fast paced and matrixed organization.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Can effectively communicate vision and plan with audience.
• Understanding of a/b testing, recommendations engines, analytical systems and tools.
• Hands-on experience in working with large, complex datasets using SQL or other data querying techniques is required.
• Experience with Amazon Web Services (Redshift, S3, EC2, EMR, etc.) is preferred.
• Experience in working across product, engineering, and analytics teams to evaluate new ideas, discuss technical concepts, create scalable designs, implement new models, and make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks.
• Proven track record of driving use of data and scientific methods to solve business problems and accelerate product features and capabilities.
• Master’s degree in business, quantitative or technical field (engineering, statistics, computer sciences, etc.) is a required.