Discovery CommunicationsMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Responsible for all OAP / Creative Services short-form production requests for the linear and non-linear U.S. Hispanic portfolio of channels, which includes:
• Discovery en Español
• Discovery Familia
• Hogar de HGTV
• Discovery en Español Go app
• Discovery Familia Go app
• Conceptualization, writing, editing & animation of high quality creative short form videos for on-air, social media & digital platforms based on programming priorities and strategies.
• Make sure all assets are delivered on time, on budget, and with a creative edge.
• Work closely with Programming, Marketing, Social Media to provide creative ideas and solutions to attract and retain new viewers/users/followers.
• Partner with GT&O and IT departments to ensure accurate operation and workflow efficiencies.
• Maintain crystal clear and constant communication with the OAP Manager to ensure proper tools are being developed to support channels’ strategies.
• Assist Branded Content when applicable. Find innovative ways to integrate clients with channel properties without compromising brand equity.
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience in on-air/digital promotion/production, with a solid working knowledge of production & post-production.
• Expert abilities in Avid media composer & Adobe Premiere.
• Familiarity with Avid Isis/Interplay workflows.
• Advance skills in Adobe Photoshop & After Effects.
• Experience creating social media video content across FB, YT, IG, and other social platforms.
• A strong understanding of creative brand building, on-air and digital promotion thinking and planning.
• A solid understanding of the U.S. Hispanic culture and cable television market.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in Spanish are a must.
• High energy and an enthusiastic attitude are a must.
• Must function in a collaborative environment but be able to perform the job responsibilities with minimal direct supervision.
• Initiative and problem solving/troubleshooting skills.
• Flexibility and the ability to react quickly to changing needs in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.