Post Production Engineer
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 8/12/2021 8:33:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Post Production Engineer jobs in London-UK
Search all Post Production Engineer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Post Production Engineer?
Full Time Job
Location: Chiswick Park, London
Department: Production Engineering
Reports to: Director Post Production Engineering
The Post Production Engineer provides technical and operational support to media and Post Production systems including (but not exclusively): Signiant, Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, NEXIS, Media Central / Interplay, PAM / MAM systems, ProTools, After Effects, Cinema 4D, Marquis Medway, Telestream Vantage. Working as part of the Post Production Engineering team to maintain the highest levels of system reliability and user satisfaction across supported systems.
• To provide timely support to Post Production systems and users
• To perform in-depth system maintenance, and troubleshooting
• Participation on projects to refresh existing and deploy new, systems and workflows
• To work effectively with colleagues and third parties
• Evaluate and make recommendations on new technology
• To document systems and workflows for engineering and operational users
• Post Production / Broadcast engineering / media industry experience
• Holding appropriate qualifications (Avid ACSR etc.)
• Knowledge of accelerated file transfer technology and systems – e.g., Signiant, Aspera
• A high level of familiarity with video, audio and graphics post production systems and applications
• Experience and demonstrable knowledge of shared storage, file formats, transcoding, file delivery, video and audio standards
• Knowledge of cloud technology and concepts
• Knowledge of network technology and concepts
• Able to work independently and with other members of a team
• Able to create, read, and decipher system schematic drawings and SOPs
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Why work for us?
You will be working in a fun, fast paced environment with cutting-edge technology.
We value our staff and put people at the centre of everything we do. Consumers, Customers, Partners and Employees. In addition to our excellent benefits package we also have employee-centric offerings such as our on-site medical centre, back-up child & elder care sessions and enhanced family leave. We are proud to be a proactively diverse organisation with a variety of employee groups that we engage with to ensure continuous improvement of our organisation.
If you are looking for a challenging role with real business impact, we'd love to hear from you!