Podcast Programming Manager
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/18/2021 4:12:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Radio Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Podcast Programming Manager jobs in New York-NY
Search all Podcast Programming Manager postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Podcast Programming Manager?
Full Time Job
As Podcast Programming Manager, you will play a crucial role in the newly established podcast department. The podcast department supports podcasts produced by a wide variety of Discovery brands, including as ID, Food Network, HGTV, and TLC, as well as podcasts adjacent to discovery , our flagship streaming service. The right person for this role must have a background in developing and producing podcasts, and is nimble, adaptable, and proactive, with excellent taste.
This position can sit in any of our US offices.
1. Work in an advisory and consultative capacity in partnership with network content teams on their original and companion podcasts
2. Collaborate with the discovery team on new podcasts from conception to release, including working with external production partners to book guests, record, edit, score, and mix as necessary
3. Interpret user data to make data-informed podcasting decisions, and to drive constant, ongoing optimization of the Discovery podcast network as well as inform greenlighting decisions on potential podcasts
4. Implement processes for smooth collaboration across the network groups, whether joining existing processes or inventing new ones, with a spirit of constant iteration to meet the evolving podcast landscape and priorities
5. Play a key role as tastemaker and apply deep understanding across Discovery's core genres, including true crime, food, home, science, nature, and adventure
• Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and hands-on experience
• Minimum 4 years podcast development and/or production experience, with a thorough understanding of how the podcast ecosystem works
• Understanding of and passion for podcasts from a technical, analytical, and strategic point of view, as well as subjective point of view
• Demonstrated good judgement, strong critical thinking skills, and developed taste for a broad variety of podcasts
• Must love TV, preferably with a deep familiarity with Discovery's genres and titles
• Proven ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; must be articulate and professional in both written and verbal forms
• Comfortable in ambiguity and effective operating in a matrixed organization
• Ability to thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently
• Collaborative, curious, resourceful
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States