Discovery CommunicationsWoodway, TX
Full Time Job
The Photo Manager is responsible for photo assets, including facilitating photo shoots, commissioning photographers, archiving photography and project management for the Magnolia Network.
• Work with the Head of Brand Creative to uphold the quality and quantity of photography, while adhering to the established brand guidelines and art direction aesthetic.
• Manage database of all photography assets, including establishing and maintaining an archive system, along with managing due dates and budgets.
• Commission local photographers for portrait and unit photography shoots on set.
• Manage talent photo approvals, through Global Edit, partnering with talent relations.
• Collaborate with production companies to obtain photography deliverables.
• Oversee freelance photo editors for photo editing and deliverables when required.
• Manage photo related digital accounts.
• Define and update specs for all photo and video asset projects.
• Oversee the brand-wide library to manage restrictions and permissions of the assets for company-wide release.
• Manage, clean–up and organize photo assets on all archive systems.
• Must have problem solving skills for evaluating situations and to make improvements and/or adjustments.
• Stay abreast of all technologies used in photography and video with an eye toward future expansion.
• BFA in Photography or related field
• 5 years of experience in photo managing/editing/DAM field
• Excellent grasp of great visual communication and the ability to stretch creatively with each new project, while keeping in mind company objectives and strategic goals
• Passion for great photography and design
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently, as well in a team situation and with clients, working under pressure, and juggling multiple and complex projects
• Extensive knowledge of photography production and equipment
• Strong knowledge of photo and video production, retouching and digital workflow
• Thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Understanding in Federal copyright laws, usage licenses and embargo
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States