Photo Editor - Golf Digest
Discovery CommunicationsLos Angeles, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/21/2022 6:31:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Animation/Graphic Design/Visual FX Category
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Photo Editor - Golf Digest jobs in Los Angeles-NY
Search all Photo Editor - Golf Digest postings
Full Time Job
Golf Digest is looking for a Photo Editor to join our team. The primary duties of this job are to conceptualize, assign and produce photography for Golf Digest’s print and digital platforms. You should be comfortable working both independently and collaboratively across teams. You are able to juggle a large volume of projects and work within tight deadlines. Candidates must have working knowledge and a passion for the game of golf. You’ll report to the Executive Producer and work closely with the art and digital teams. This is a full-time position with flexible working arrangements.
• Conceptualize and develop ideas for photography in both print and digital, ranging from magazine covers to slideshows online
• Hire and pay all freelance photographers and crew members for normal magazine shoot production as needed
• Work with the Business Affairs department to ensure all legal paperwork is gathered for photographers, subjects and locations
• Manage and organize the internal photo database and archive
• Work directly with writers, editors and designers to ensure photos are delivered on time and in the correct format to not delay daily workflow
• Supply the website and marketing staff with assets as needed for web and social promotion of stories and marketing
• Work closely with the Golf Digest Video and Social teams on shoots to ensure all parties have the right amount of time to capture what is needed across the brand
• Develop a strong working knowledge of Golf Digest’s photo archive for relevant use in print and digital
• 3-5 years of relevant experience in editorial print & digital photography production
• Bachelor's Degree in a Photography or Journalism related field a plus
• Strong working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite is a must (Photoshop, Lightroom and Premiere Pro) - PhotoMechanic a plus
• Knowledgeable on photography contracts, usage rights and photo licensing
• Strong rolodex of freelance photographers in all genres and a passion for visual storytelling
• Expertise in handling electronic images, including processing and database management
• Strong working knowledge of relevant digital camera systems and photography file types
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles that will be performed in New York City. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery’s total compensation package for employees. Pay Range: $67,991 -$126,269 salary per year.
Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and program-specific awards. In addition, Warner Bros. Discovery provides a variety of benefits to employees, including health insurance coverage, an employee wellness program, life and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan, paid holidays and paid time off (PTO).
Discovery requires vaccination for employment consideration, except where prohibited by law. Discovery will consider requests for exemption from this requirement upon an offer of employment. Employees with approved exemptions due to health or religious reasons must abide by weekly rigorous COVID-19 testing protocols.
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Transparency In Coverage
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com