People & Culture Operations Specialist
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The People & Culture (P&C) Operations Specialist is responsible for direct contact with customers and internal support of P&C Partners as well as the integrity and accuracy of all employee records and data in P&C Systems. This role plays a key part in the P&C Operations Team who serve as the backbone of Discovery’s People & Culture Organization, working collaboratively within a digitally native environment to align data, while implementing processes, procedures and P&C support to make business decisions in compliance with operational SLAs.
1. Create and maintain Personnel Action Forms for all personnel changes, including new hires, transfers, promotions, terminations and all other applicable changes to personnel records
2. Assist with job descriptions, creation of requisition forms and audit of weekly open requisition report and org chart
3. Prepare required documents for separations, exit interview document preparation, collection of employee assets and scheduling of exit meetings
4. Assist and counsel employees regarding benefits plans, payroll, company policies and programs and leave of absence plans.
5. Coordinate the planning, development, and implementation of consistent position management processes to release positions for hire.
6. Manage E-Verify company account to ensure overall, I-9 compliance for New York based locations
7. Document all inquiries, issues and transactions using the case management system
8. Achieve performance measures and adhere to established SLA requirements
9. Serve as on-site point of contact for all document management activities, in congruence with the company document management strategy and retention policy
10. Support payroll processing to include managing timecard and time off entries, monitoring taxation changes and calculations, and time entry audits.
11. Support People & Culture Business Partner team in day-to-day projects, answering tier one employee questions with a focus on customer service and maintaining a positive attitude
12. Onboard new hires, conduct new hire orientation, liaise with facilities and IT on new hire office space and technology needs, and coordinate new hire needs with benefits
13. Answer telephone, screen calls, route callers, take messages, respond to internal and external inquiries, and provide routine information within the scope of authority.
14. Projects as assigned to continue to streamline internal processes or drive People & Culture strategies
15. Ensure overall compliance with federal, state and local laws
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
* Minimum two years at the HR Generalist level, preferably within an HR operations team, service provider and/or shared services environment
* Knowledge of HR Systems (SAP, iCIMS, etc.)
* Knowledge of case management systems (ServiceNow)
* Ability to solve problems and carry out responsibilities with little or no supervision
* Strong verbal/written communication skills, organization skills, detail-oriented, yet able to analyze and recommend alternatives
* Ability to prioritize and address competing demands; multi-tasking capacity critical
* High degree of respect for the confidentiality and sensitivity of HR and payroll data
* Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
* Must be able to demonstrate ability to learn and understand various computer systems
* Must possess the ability to work effectively within a fast-paced environment
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY