Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Payroll Specialist in Knoxville, TN to join our Global Business Services (“GBS”) team.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
The Payroll Specialist processes bi-weekly payrolls and answers employees, other departments and outside government inquiries.
1. Audit and reconcile wide range of personnel actions and payroll documents for employees
2. Process employee Time & Attendance data from the Time system to payroll and reconcile variances
3. Ability to develop and create Ad-Hoc reports on demand
4. Maintain monthly metrics on payroll team performance
5. Process off-cycle payments
6. Accurately process employee pay for a biweekly, multi-state payroll
7. Research and respond to telephone inquiries within 24 hours
8. Create and maintain a positive customer service environment
9. Handle Travel and Expense reimbursements and deductions
10. Process wage assignments, acting as a liaison with an outside vendor
11. Contribute to other projects / duties as assigned
12. Ability to streamline and improve audit processes
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
* Applies technical and business knowledge related to one’s specialty area to orchestrate multiple activities under tight deadlines
* Strong communication (written and verbal), customer service, organizational, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
* Commitment to teamwork through relationship-building, reliability, and collaboration
* Must be able to manage confidential information
What you need to have:
* Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or minimum 2 years of experience in area of responsibility
* Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills
* Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently and responsibly
* Capacity to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Must be able to work collaboratively with team members and function as team lead as needed
* Ability to work independently as well as in cross-functional groups
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
It’s a plus if you have:
* Experience with SAP and ADP strongly preferred
* Experience with financial applications including Microsoft Office, ADP, and SAP
* CPP and FPC
* Proficient working with Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint, MS Outlook.
knoxville, tennessee, knox, tn