Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Who We Are:
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. Discovery Education partners with districts, states and like-minded organizations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Discovery Education's services are available not only in half of all U.S. schools, but in half of all English primary schools, numerous institutes of higher learning, and in 50 countries around the world.
Analyzing programming agreements and related documents to provide rights information to internal and external clients. Research, review and interpret key provisions in programming agreements and input this information into Rights Management Database for client review.
1. Analyzing programming agreements and related documents to provide rights information to internal and external clients.
2. Research, review and interpret key provisions in programming agreements and input this information into Rights Management Database for client review.
3. Maintain tracking lists of program information and related data.
4. Perform data quality control for the content of the Rights Management Database.
5. Execute searches in various relational databases containing programming information.
6. Draft and review programming amendments, music agreements, talent amendments, footage licenses, and various legal documents.
7. Provide additional research support as needed for program and related elemental rights.
* Ability to work in a fast paced, customer service oriented environment.
* Must be able to research, review and analyze complex contracts.
* Must have strong communication and organizational skills.
* Strong writing and legal drafting skills
* Ability to handle a large volume of varied tasks on a daily basis and prioritize workload.
* Ability to work both independently and as part of a larger team.
* Flexibility to work within an evolving and changing environment
* Computer proficiency and customer service experience.
* 2-3 years relevant contract analysis experience and BA degree or equivalent are required.
* Paralegal certificate strongly preferred; a JD a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Silver Spring, MD, Maryland, Charlotte, NC, North Carolina