P&C Business Partner
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The People & Culture Partner is a key position within Discovery’s People and Culture team, providing direct client support to Discovery’s Digital teams. In addition to supporting a business group in NYC, this role will be responsible for ensuring our organization’s treatment of employees is fair, respectful, and consistent with our business values and objectives across the US. The ideal candidate for this position has strong communication and interpersonal skills, enabling them to work successfully on a broad spectrum of employee relations issues and projects. This position is located in New York with some travel.
1. Provide expertise, consultation, and coaching to all levels of the organization on ways to address employee behavior and performance concerns
2. Independently drive and investigate sensitive HR matters in timely and fair manner
3. Interpret and apply an understanding of company policies and practices, employment law, and other regulations
4. Partner with Legal, P&C Partner, and Business on highly sensitive HR issues
5. Use data to analyze casework trends to produce strategic, proactive recommendations to P&C and the Business to proactively address and mitigate systemic issues
6. Partner in analysis and revision of people programs, policies, and practices to sustain a positive work environment for Discovery employees.
7. Actively contribute to the business strategy; provide People & Culture expertise and challenge to the management team
8. Proactively provide creative and engaging solutions to motivate employees at different career points (ie: early career, management track)
9. Serve as People & Culture advisor, coach and partner to the management team
10. Contribute as a team member on broader People & Culture projects across the Business
11. Continuously strive to provide “best practice” HR advice and support, through information sharing internally and external benchmarking.
* A Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or related field, or equivalent experience
* 5 years’ experience of progressive, professional HR experience
* Experience in working in high-volume, fast paced environment, preferably in a fast-growing technology company
* Knowledge of national, state and local Employee and Labor Relations practices, laws and regulations
* Demonstrated passion for employee relations, investigations, and employment law
* Proven experience in conflict resolution practices within a sophisticated, matrixed environment
* Proven record in forging strong relationships with the ability to persuade, negotiate and communicate effectively
* Experience in working with a culturally diverse workforce
* HR certification a plus
* Project management and process improvement experience a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Discovery’s People & Culture team provides leading edge solutions to support the growth, development and engagement across the organization. Our team partners closely with the business to anticipate and deliver programs, products and solutions to keep our talent engaged and our company competitive. We operate as one team and are a team of doers. We are agile, whether we’re helping structure an organization, fill a key role, develop new capabilities across the team or grow talent across all levels of the organization. We do the right thing, even when it’s hard. As People Partners, we are trusted advisors to the business and collaborate with our People Specialists to deliver programs and results across the organization.