Network Operations Engineer
Discovery CommunicationsKrakow, MA
Full Time Job
Currently in Poland we are looking for passionate people with various backgrounds to join our team in the fields of FP&A Centre of Excellence, Global Business Services, HR Services and Media Business.
As Discovery Inc’s portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-tv, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
Reporting to a Network Duty Operations Manager, this position is critical in monitoring and supporting Discovery’s Global network infrastructure. The position is part of a unified technical operations team that will consist of members from multiple disciplines (Distribution Operations, Network Operations, Server/Storage Operations, Digital Platform Support Operations and Security Operations) to form a team capable of providing monitoring and support to all Discovery technical infrastructure.
Working as part of a team of Tier 2 network operations engineers in our Krakow operations center, the role is responsible for supporting Discovery’s network infrastructure across 50 offices and productions centers globally. This position will have daytime working hours Monday through Friday although an element of flexibility and on call will be required from time to time.
• Monitoring all our production network infrastructure in real time
• Outage vetting – initiating of critical outage situations
• Implement, or assist with implementation of, changes to production network infrastructure
• Keep network infrastructure device monitoring and asset tracking systems up to date
• Coordinate escalation process to third-party network vendors in case of hardware or software failure
• Be available for on-call/after hours to support critical outage situations as well as planned out of business hours system maintenance.
• Uphold professional ticket management by ensuring all ticket types are logged, work logs updated and properly resolved at time of completion
• Maintain Network Operations Knowledge Base(s)