Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
What You'll Be Doing
• Motion design and digital design/execution; having a practical knowledge of print design and photography/videography is expected.
• Directs photographers, video directors and talent on a production set for both brand promotion and sales clients. This includes: lighting, framing of shots, wardrobe/styling, tone and evoking performance.
• Collaborates with the other members of the Marketing and Brand Creative departments in developing ideas and concepts for new and innovative network projects.
• Translates project characteristics and creative direction into concepts and design solutions, which further the network identities.
• Communicate and present concepts, design solutions and the final end product to the Creative Manager, other decision makers in a professional manner.
• Implements solutions with good artistry and can be easily redirected by Creative Manager, Design Director and VP of Creative as needed.
• Responsible for the entire project process from pre-production to final delivery of completed materials. Generates project timelines based on delivery deadlines, effectively communicates with all project personnel through each phase of implementation, monitors the project budget and confirms final deliverables.
• Manages multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity and involvement.
• Works independently with frequent guidance from Creative Manager and Design Director.
• Effectively take direction, work collaboratively and participate in internal brainstorming sessions with other creatives.
• Has basic knowledge of relevant technology and is proficient with graphic design software, embraces new technological developments.
• Other duties as needed, to include assisting and collaborating with other designers as directed by the Creative Manager and Design Director.
Travel: Candidate must be willing to travel to shoot locations about 10% of the time.
Who You Are
• BFA/BS or related degree in Graphic Design and/or a minimum of 2 years in a production, broadcast or freelance design environment.
• Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications with expertise in Adobe After Effects, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop. Knowledge of Adobe InDesign and 3D applications is a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to work well with others, in a team culture, and under very tight deadlines.
*You MUST submit a portfolio of work to be considered for this opportunity.
Want to Learn More?
Learn more about our company culture and life at Discovery, Inc. at our website.
About Discovery, Inc.
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services, from linear, free-to-air and pay–TV channels to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe.
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Motion Designer in Knoxville, TN to join our HGTV brand team. In this collaborative position, you'll develop and execute design concepts for all marketing campaigns and projects for on-air and off air content that millions will see each day. Throughout the process you'll work very closely with the Creative Manager, Design Director and VP of Creative as well as external partners to our business.