Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Write accurate and engaging descriptive metadata; edit titles and descriptions; assign taxonomy/tags for linear and non-linear video assets; establish and maintain best practices for video metadata creation; curate and maintain metadata for an enterprise-level asset library.
1. Creates quality, error free, factually correct metadata (titles, descriptions and keywords), making sure that SEO best practices are upheld as much as possible.
2. Works with brand partners to ensure keywords/taxonomy and other related video metadata are in line with search engine optimization goals.
3. Develops or enhances style guides or taxonomy values to ensure the appropriate message, tone and ''look and feel.”
4. Coordinates metadata delivery with brand and digital teams
5. Enters metadata for digital content library based on deadline workflow
6. Responds to questions about metadata and fixes/creates data as needed
7. Establishes appropriate links for connecting videos to other relevant material
8. Ensure ongoing accuracy, quality, and on-time delivery of metadata, including video assets as well as associated people and organizations
9. Maintains data quality post-production on library assets for future repurpose
* Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, English or another directly related field
* 2 years’ experience in copy writing, editing, communications or a directly related field.
* Experience with taxonomies and cataloging assets – Library/Information science background is a plus
* Excellent writing skills, with strong attention to grammar and composition
* Experience with digital media assets including knowledge of production practices and distribution
* Copy editing skills including communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
* Working knowledge of AP Style and ability to adhere to in-house style guides
* Personal computing skills, including Microsoft Office applications and database applications
* Data entry and internet research skills
* Attention to detail
* Ability to organize, plan and prioritize work
* Ability to work to a deadline
* Ability to multitask
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN