Media Logistics Coordinator
Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
About Our Team
International Media Logistics (IML) prepares material for languaging and air in our international regions by ensuring the materials meet Discovery’s standards of quality and then facilitating edits for the programs based on regional clocks and cultural sensitivities. In addition, IML provides fulfillment services as programs are sold to outside clients by Discovery Enterprises International.
About the Role
The Coordinator position provides daily operational support for International Media Logistics team while ensuring that material for air is being processed and sent, in a timely matter, to the regional facilities.
• Coordinate the movement of materials used for broadcast-quality cut-to-clock (CTC) editing projects for Discovery Networks International.
• Act as facilitator between International Media Logistics, regional partners and contacts within the Production Centers.
• Perform database entry/management including, but not limited to, entering milestones in internal tracking grids.
• Process international acquisition programming through the incoming technical evaluation process.
• Organize file transfers to and from various regions and report on transfers that are complete.
• Manage delivery of assets from vendors.
• Act as point of contact to 3 rd party transcription house, providing documents and information as needed.
• Ensure timely delivery of material for editing.
• Assist International Media Logistics on various tasks, research/analysis and special projects as needed or assigned.
About You- Minimum Requirements:
• This position is considered an essential position. This means that during times of inclement weather, emergencies, or when access to the workplace may be impeded, that employees in this position are expected to report to work to support business continuance, unless otherwise instructed by his/her direct manager.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
About You- Preferred Requirements:
• 1-2 years’ experience with post production, broadcast operations, and/or log operations highly preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, television, film, media, logistics, or operations highly preferred.
• Solid technical background with knowledge and understanding of multiple media platforms.
• Strong working knowledge of post-production environment, standards, and equipment preferred.
• Work experience within the media/tech industry preferred.
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude with ability to lead and handle high volume projects and tasks.
• Superior organizational skills with a high degree of flexibility, attention to detail, and ability to respond to changing priorities, timelines, and deadlines.
• Self-learner, independent, with outstanding problem-solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize effectively.
• Experience with Microsoft Suite to include: Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
• If internal candidate, experience using Discovery Internal Systems (ie. MediaFlex) highly preferred.