Master Control Operator
Discovery CommunicationsSterling, VA
Full Time Job
- Preparing mid-term programme schedules, ensuring these are accurate for press release. Break modeling, optimizing on-air time and commercial time in accordance with inventory and marketing strategy, while keeping the desired programme start times set out by the programme planning department and ensuring continuity.
- Weekly/daily planning and optimising on-air time in accordance with channel and slot branding, including working with the optimal minute across territory. Following up and making adjustments as required in cooperation with the Marketing & Promotion department.
- Re optimise commercial time in accordance with inventory needs and regulatory restrictions and adjust as required in cooperation with the Sales Department.
- Being reactive to changes in programme content, duration, and versions adjusting the schedules accordingly.
- Daily on-air scheduling, liaising with in-territory and UK departments to ensure a fully optimised and compliant playlist.
- Execute playlist updates and manual changes in accordance with set procedures ensuring broadcast reliability.
- Schedule on-air look in accordance with channel and slot branding. Schedule special placement graphics, such as legally required graphics.
- Schedule and maintain contingency playlist for standard broadcast as required by SOPs.
- Support scheduling of live sport broadcasts including contingency playlists as and when required, ensuring break pattern is matching the sport format, airlook is correctly scheduled and commercial/promo inventory is optimised. Preparing live sport break structure following running orders, sport department guidelines and commercial/promotion inventory.
- Liaising with Content, Previewing, Transmission and Subtitling Team to follow up technical issues related to scheduled material such as commercials, programmes and trailers in running playlists or scheduled for immediate broadcast. Ensuring subtitles and audio description files are available in time for broadcast.
- Assist in the testing and implementation of new software development, upgrades and workflows as required by management.
- Assist and support other teams within the programming department with various ad-hoc tasks as needed"
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Free to Air/ Commercial on-air scheduling. Candidates with equivalent experiences may be considered.
- Good knowledge of the scheduling system What's On or equivalent system.
- An understanding of the end to end broadcast chain.
- Good knowledge of break optimisation and marketing strategies. Understanding of optimal minute is advantageous.
- Understanding of sport &, live broadcast is beneficial but not a must.
- Experience with local Nordics broadcast regulators is a benefit but not a must.
- To have knowledge of different European Legislators such as Ofcom, CSA is a benefit
- Strong communication skills.
- Capable of decision making and maintaining high performance while working under pressure.
- Self-starter, highly motivated and a good team player.
- Experience of working in an international organisation is beneficial but not a must.
- Great organization skills with outstanding attention to details.
- Proficient in Office Microsoft package and Good IT skills