Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Discovery is Discovery’s direct to customer online streaming service, where consumers pay a small monthly subscription fee for access to a wide range of real-life entertainment content as well as premium live and on demand Sports. It has seen incredible growth over the last year and is expanding its sports marketing team to continue to deliver its growth plans.
This person will join the team to help develop and deliver our Olympics brand and performance marketing campaigns that enable continued growth.
The Olympics represent the biggest right in our portfolio, and an opportunity to leverage the Olympics brand & stage to drive awareness & understanding at scale for discovery and Eurosport .
They will live and breathe the brand, they’ll be passionate, creative and up for the challenge!
• Support the central Senior Olympics campaign manager to deliver the Tokyo 2020 Olympics campaign in 14 markets
• Support the central Senior Olympics campaign manager to develop & deliver the Beijing Olympics campaign in 14 markets
• Lead collaboration & co-ordination with internal cross functional teams (Creative, Legal, Rights, Local Marketing, Ad Sales, Comms, Product, Editorial, Research)
• Implement project management process & tools to aid cross functional management
• Co-ordinate and manage Olympics Marketing Ambassador shoots & relationship management
• Support Snr campaign manager to plan media strategy & manage media agency
• Support Snr campaign manager to develop & finalise creative strategy & manage creative teams / agency
• Act as co-ordination point in production process across creative agency, internal creative team, media agency, internal media teams and local marketing teams
• Experience leading both brand and performance campaign development and delivery, agency or client side
• Able to collaborate with, manage & influence internal/ external stakeholders across multiple levels
• Experience of working with agencies, developing strong, collaborative relationships
• Demonstrates clear strategic thinking, can build strategic narratives, and has experience presenting to Head of /Director level review
• Strong understanding of the role of consumer insight and the ability to apply insight in support of a creative or strategic challenge
• Experience working on a sports brand
• Experience working on an OTT entertainment brand
• Experience of a multi territory/ global brand