Discovery CommunicationsLondon, GB
This was removed by the employer on 4/30/2021 3:32:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Marcomms Coordinator jobs in London-GB
Search all Marcomms Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Marcomms Coordinator? Position Details
Position Title: Marcomms Coordinator
UK Division: UK
Department: Marketing & PR
Reports to: Marketing & PR Executives
As the complexity of the Discovery ecosystem increases so does the need to evolve our marcomms to ensure effectiveness can be maintained and enhanced. Publicity plays an important role in helping to generate noise, notoriety and awareness and support the upper funnel marketing activity. The focus on discovery impacts audience-targeting, media-planning and our overall content marketing approach.
Creating impact whilst developing our brand values across all consumer touch points to cut through other PR ‘noise’ and generate engagement and drive subscriptions of discovery or generate ad revenues by driving viewers to watch our content.
As the Marcomms Coordinator, you will be an integral member of the Marcomms Team with a ‘discovery first’ mindset in the UK supporting the team across d initiatives and with some support for the linear brands e.g Discovery, TLC, Quest, Really, Eurosport amongst others.
You will need to be able to work under pressure to the highest standards in a fast-paced environment, responsible for a range of activities including press and affiliate enquiries, assisting on high profile campaigns for exclusive original programming, writing creative briefs and supporting the Marketing and PR team in all its endeavours. You will need to be a positive, proactive self-starter, a great communicator and have a can-do attitude to your work. You will be a multi-tasker and will be able to schedule completion of tasks with your managers to keep everyone on track.
In return, you'll have the opportunity to join a busy, dedicated and passionate team and to thrive at the home of the UK's best-known and loved real-life entertainment brands.
• Assisting on high profile campaigns
• Compilation of programme and scheduling information and writing engaging copy for regular weekly previews and monthly highlights for press
• Daily monitoring and cutting of PR coverage for distribution across the business
• Compilation of Post Campaign Analysis reports
• First point of contact for press office enquiries and responsibility for handling ad hoc press requests including sourcing images and cutting clips
• Writing snappy press releases
• Compiling media lists
• Raising Purchase orders and processing invoices
• Main affiliate contact responsible for:
• Creation of monthly highlights
• Asset and clips provision and approval
• Creation of select promo briefs
• Liaising with international teams to gather assets to remake and repack for UK campaigns.
• Building and maintaining relationships with other teams within the UK company to ensure we are on brand, on time and on budget.
• Updating the marketing year plan.
• Updating the budget tracker
• Point of contact for relevant Customer Service Queries
• Administrative duties
• Prioritisation and organisation of time working across multiple projects and managers
• Ability to own projects but know when to ask for help.
• Self-starter, quick learner, quality focused and able to multi-task.
• Outstanding attention to detail and organizational abilities; evidence of “follow through” skills.
• Plans and timelines created and maintained for all projects.
• Where needed, provide status reports for meetings with status and action points highlighted clearly.
• Keeps company informed of the department’s work and persuades others to support ideas and plans
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong writing skills.
• Inspirational, creative and innovative
• Thinks creatively and encourages the exchange of ideas to solve problems or meet objectives
• Makes recommendations of offers alternative options where expectations or deliverables cannot be made.
• Relationship Builder
• Engages colleagues across the organisation and learns from them to optimise performance.
• Strong relationship management with external contacts i.e. partners and journalists/listings.
Experience and qualifications required
• Degree educated.
• An understanding of the broadcast and/or SVOD environment and the working practices within a multi channel multi-platform business.
• Demonstrable interest and experience of working within PR & Marketing. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.