Manager, Strategy & Operations
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, CA
Full Time Job
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and every day utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences. We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery , Discovery’s global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, debuting in the U.S. on January 4, 2021.
We are hiring a Manager, Strategy & Operations to join the Next Gen Strategy & Operations team. This team will drive and develop our digital businesses, focused on the biggest opportunities and risks through a wide range of strategic evaluation and analysis, and the generation of data-rooted, analytically driven insights.
The Strategy & Operations team will serve as project managers, leading all aspects from inception to closing and carrying out a strategic role for day-to-day execution. They will also partner with Analytics for required analysis, provide insights and actionable next steps, and will build and design deep dive presentations for key stakeholders.
The Manager is responsible for performing smart analyses on strategic objectives, using market and internal comps to build trend analyses & generate actionable insights to drive customer acquisition, engagement, retention, ratings, satisfaction & LTV. In addition, the Manger will create compelling, persuasive presentation materials to communicate key learnings & recommendations to senior level executives.
• Serve as the day-to-day project lead
• Work with the Director in order to develop the analysis and plans required for the project, agrees with deadlines, conducts necessary due diligence, gather necessary requirements and works on providing deliverables on expected dates
• Work hand in hand with the analytics team in order to get the necessary data and together provide insights and actionable recommendations
• Provide guidance and mentorship to analyst
• Build and maintain financial and operational models to determine return on investment scenarios as well as areas for optimization
• MBA degree
• 4 years experience in consulting, investment banking or corporate strategy
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Ability to build complex financial models and business plans
• Ability to build and design deep dive presentations on several topics and domains, able to develop presentations tailored for different stakeholders and display in interactive and visualizations of complex subjects
• Experience in project management, coordination of teams, planning and day-to-day execution
• Ability to effectively communicate, be an influencer in business decision making process
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States