Manager, Strategic Growth
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 5/11/2021 5:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Strategic Growth jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Strategic Growth postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Strategic Growth?
Full Time Job
About Discovery Direct-to-Consumer
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery, Inc. We are fast, nimble, and have fun developing new, innovative, and immersive digital products and content for iconic brands. We are working at the crossroads of technology, entertainment, and everyday utility. As content creators across the digital ecosystem, we continuously leverage our technology to create immersive viewing and interactive experiences.
We tell engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day and bring new interactive experiences to life to not only entertain but improve the lives of our customers. Most recently, our group is behind the launch of discovery , Discovery’s global streaming service, serving as the definitive destination for real life entertainment with the largest ever content offering at launch, which debuted in the U.S. on January 4, 2021
About the Role
We’re looking for a talented Manager, Strategic Growth to join the discovery Marketing team. Reporting to the Senior Director, Strategic Growth, you will manage the strategic and tactical execution of Discovery’s direct-to-consumer products and their expansion, and support go-to-market delivery for new product launches, distribution channels and new markets.
In this role you will work with cross-functional teams across pricing, partnerships, finance, research, brand, media strategy, and data, amongst others. The candidate should enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment in a highly competitive marketplace.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience managing consumer programs from ideation to execution, influencing and collaborating with cross functional teams, a deep understanding of how to leverage a wide array of digital and offline channels to deliver results, excellent project management skills, outstanding written and verbal communication skills, great attention to detail, and is a creative problem solver. You get bonus points if you have previously worked on streaming devices or in the entertainment industry.
• A proven customer growth manager with the ability to develop and execute successful subscriber and revenue growth programs within a digital subscription environment.
• Experience identifying and evaluating new opportunities for customer growth across new product launches, new distribution channels, and/or new markets.
• A customer first, creative thinker who isn’t afraid of working with data to enhance campaigns and overall strategies
• A self-starter who can identify new opportunities or testing strategies across multiple channels
• An eagerness to learn and follow industry trends to drive innovation and key results
• Operationalize go-to-market customer growth programs from ideation through to execution, including but not limited to; leveraging research insights and translating into strategic briefs and creative requirements, customer positioning and pricing, project planning, channel strategies and program evaluation
• Coordinates the launch of DTC products across new channels and manage the cross-functional implementation
• Coordinates with regional and local teams to create a deliberate global strategy that creates consistent approach for each product but also considers market specific conditions.
• Work closely with product, media, brand, creative, partnerships, retention and analytics teams to develop strategic program roll-out, set clear goals and KPIs and deliver through to launch
• Collaborate with internal media & strategy team to develop campaigns that leverage both the Discovery portfolio and external digital paid media to acquire new subscribers within acceptable CPA target based on customer lifetime value models.
• Manage both internal and external creative resources to support campaign asset development
• Work closely with analytics team to analyze campaign ROI, insights, and key performance indicator
• Operationalize marketing calendars to manage multi-channel campaigns
• Continuously identify and evaluate key digital marketplace and OTT trends to inform marketing strategies.
• Ownership and accountability for the day to day ongoing management of growth programs and subscription/revenue goals of each program
• 5 years' experience in a consumer marketing or growth role
• Prior experience in audience development, direct response digital marketing, entertainment/media/television marketing, or building a digital subscriber base preferred
• Proven project management and strategic marketing skills including budget management and media planning.
• A keen analytic leaning but also possesses a creative flare.
• Ability to multi-task while prioritizing workloads.
• Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
• Meticulous attention to detail & strong organization skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.