Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
The Manager Strategic Insights & Research is responsible for being the voice of the viewer for programming, scheduling, marketing, development, and PR. This position will create custom research analyses that drive a deep understanding of specific viewer behavior for the Joint Venture network. Working collaboratively with Brand partners, this position will constantly have a pulse on how to build viewing audiences to drive ratings and revenue. The ideal candidate can be located in Knoxville, TN.
1. Work together with brand team to build custom analyses addressing ways to most effectively reach and grow network viewing audiences
2. Transform data into actionable insights for the network, assuring that research is put to use.
3. Communicate data and insights in meetings, strategy sessions, emails, and presentations
4. Monitor brand specific viewing trends in order to be proactive in adjusting strategy on reaching viewers
5. Manage custom research studies for show testing, promotion testing, brand monitoring, conversion analyses, etc.
6. Ensure that research reporting is consistent, clear, accurate, relevant, and insightful
7. Have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the media industry including competitive landscape, and trends
8. Continue to develop best research practices for media metrics, market research, and analyses
* Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree in Communications, Research or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of demonstrated skills and experience
* 2-5 years professional experience
* Experienced with television audience measurement including consumer demographics and behavior
* Knowledge of cable television, broadcasting, syndication, new media, advertising and entertainment industry
* Proven ability to analyze and interpret quantitative and qualitative research in a fast-paced environment
* Attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills
* Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently and responsibly
* Capacity to juggle multiple tasks
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Employees will also perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
* Must have the legal right to work in the US.
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN