Manager, Research Digital / On-Air
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
The Manager, Research Digital/On-Air will inform strategy development and decision-making through holistic data analytics and actionable recommendations for Magnolia Network, the joint venture with Chip and Joanna Gaines. This position will focus on leveraging best practices in digital analytics to capture data, perform analysis and optimize our digital presence to drive a quality user experience while maintaining and/or improving monetization opportunities.
• Support key business initiatives by generating insights from social media/site data and communicating opportunities or issues.
• Work alongside business, product and other teams with ad-hoc reporting and in-depth analyses. Support product enhancements, launches, company initiatives and other needs as they arise.
• Design effective and impactful reports and visualizations for business audiences.
• Create presentations to highlight analysis and tell the story.
• Collaborate with business, technology and analytics partners to determine needs and assist with defining data collection requirements. Work with implementation engineers to validate website/app tracking.
• Seek out descriptive and actionable trends and relationships within our audience.
• Connect with analytics implementation to ensure all sites and products are coded for appropriate analysis.
• Takes steps to gain new perspectives from external sources.
• Combine linear and digital insights to provide a holistic view of all Magnolia fans, viewers, and users.
• 5 years relevant work experience in an analytical field
• 2 years of experience with web analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics or Google Analytics, Tubular, SocialBakers and comScore
• Naturally inquisitive, critical thinker, proactive problem-solver and detail-oriented. Strong organizational skills with ability to act independently and responsibly
• Ability to manage and balance multiple (and sometimes competing) priorities in a fast-paced, complex business environment and can manage time effectively to consistently meet deadlines
• Team player and relationship builder
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google suites, especially Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets
• BS/BA in related discipline, i.e. analytics, data sciences, statistics, business, etc.
• Must have the legal right to work in the US