Manager, Project & Administration
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Fan Relations is a support function that exists to contribute to the stellar consumer experience whether the fans are engaging with our content on digital apps, websites, pay-TV, or other means. From new app launches to corporate and legal escalations, advertising inquiries, and our many other linear and digital offerings, Fan Relations constantly provides top-level customer service to consumers, internal clients, and business partners.
Discovery brands continue to grow globally and across platforms, and Fan Relations is building media strategies and systems that meet world-class standards for which Discovery is known. Our company is evolving as we expand from a traditional linear pay-TV business towards a convergent media and entertainment business that encompasses digital and mobile.
The Manager, Project and Administration is a high-visibility, strategic role that serves as the administrative and functional point person for the department leader. This person works closely with other team members to ensure the Fan Relations leader's preparation for meetings, presentations and other engagements. They act as a contact person between the team's leaders and stakeholders, overseeing and managing highly prioritized projects. The Manager, Project and Administration is a thoughtful, organized, and skilled manager with a strong drive to succeed and maintain focus. The position is a vital part of the Fan Relations leadership team helping with long-term planning and project management to ensure the growth and the success of the organization.
• Act as an extension of the Fan Relations leader by funneling, filtering, and facilitating information with internal and external stakeholders, promoting team integration, communication, and collaboration
• Manage the Fan Relations leader's calendar and email, inclusive of scheduling meetings and planning travel
• Prepare meeting agendas, consolidate meeting notes, and maintain a list of action items for regular follow-up with the team through completion
• Track high priority initiatives, identifying potential obstacles and ideating solutions to mitigate them
• Provide actionable recommendations for improving team performance in achieving timely goals, objectives and action items
• Lead cross-functional strategic initiatives and facilitate special projects, ensuring action items are executed on behalf of leadership
• Organize ideas, projects, people, time, and resources necessary to keep all departmental functions progressing in a timely manner
• Communicate the vision, ideas, projects, or the process to the necessary people. This includes creating content, providing context, and helping connect the dots across all organizational areas to create opportunities and growth
• Delegate projects and tasks to the appropriate people, support them, and hold them accountable to the results
• Build and run cadence for leadership meetings, including structuring and helping to deliver organizational-wide communication
• Operate at a tactical, strategic, and operational level, handling the oversight of projects that do not neatly fit within the organizational chart or that fall between departments or leadership areas of responsibility
• Serve as a thought partner and strategic advisor to leadership, standing in on meetings, challenging ideas and offering a different perspective, and following up on action items with the team accordingly
• Familiarity with digital media, streaming services, and contact center operations
• Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and hands-on experience
• 4 years of project management experience
• Proficient using project management tools
• PMO certification preferred
• Experience working in high volume performance-driven environments while demonstrating ability to manage projects and influence stakeholders to drive positive change
• Exceptional organization skills with the ability to independently manage a varied portfolio of projects with unique needs in a deadline-driven environment
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
• Superior customer service and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the ability to interact and support different levels within the organization
• Proven project management, strategic visioning skills and the ability to develop and grow positive internal and external relationships
• Experience developing and presenting executive-level presentations
• Proficiency with Office Suite and demonstrated competency in learning new software
• Familiarity with G Suite, including mail, calendar, and drive
• Must have the legal right to work in the U.S.
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville