Manager - Product Marketing
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
***If you accept a position with Discovery Education you will be an at- will employee under Discovery Education and eligible for Discovery Education benefits and compensation plans. This role is not a Discovery, Inc. position.***
Location: Charlotte, NC, New York City Area, or Washington D.C. Area
The Adoption Product Marketing Manager will oversee the development and deployment of strategic integrated marketing programs for each prioritized state adoption by employing market research, customer segmentation, market assessment, pricing, Voice of the Customer, product portfolio management, competitive positioning, brand continuity, and new product development.
The Adoption Product Marketing Manager will collaborate across functions to develop and market innovative products specific to adoption markets. This individual will be a leader required to think strategically, solve problems, implement effectively, and work cross-functionally with effective leadership and communication.
1. Create, manage, and execute strategic and comprehensive planning in adoption markets, applying customer research, competitive analysis, state market analysis, pricing recommendations and product enhancement recommendations. Working closely with Product Development and Sales, this person will be the voice of the customer in adoption markets.
2. Utilize market insights to develop unique product positioning and messaging that addresses the needs of educators and districts
3. Develop and execute strategic marketing plan and tactical plans for specific adoption markets
4. Create clearly defined launch strategies and timelines along with communications plans in partnership with other functions and team
5. Collaborate with marketing team members to build integrated adoption marketing plans designed to address customer needs, seed the market, drive customer acquisition and support implementation. Build assets for regional campaigns (e-mail campaigns, webinars, brochures, flyers, social media activities, microsites, direct mail and events)
6. Collaborate within marketing, sales, and product development to bring the voice of the customer to product and marketing plans for adoption markets
7. Support revenue goals are met through consistent monitoring of success factors. Utilize data to make and drive decisions
8. Be the champion for educators and their needs, striving to understand the complexity and nuances of their mission as well as trends in order to create programs and campaigns that are undeniably well suited for great teaching and instruction
9. Track, measure, analyze and refine program activities and effectiveness.
10. Work collaboratively to manage planning, budgeting, customer focus, program and campaign execution, and growth
11. Make data-informed decisions to optimize in-market product performance across all phases of the lifecycle
12. Support efforts to understand education, curriculum and the competitive landscape and provide competitive differentiation through sales support and the development of product plans
* Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing required
* 5-7 years successful experience in Product Marketing or related Marketing functions
* Experience in a fast-growing environment with significant knowledge of integrated marketing campaigns, digital marketing, sales training, and event management required
* Strong ability to lead, work cross-functionally and liaise at all levels of the organization required
* Attention to detail, deadlines and impeccable organization skills required
* Strong presentation and marketing collateral development skills required
* Results oriented work ethic with a sense of urgency.
* A self-starter who is good at assessing new growth opportunities
* Proven track record of successful program implementation and management
* Outstanding oral and written communication to internal and external audiences
* Experience working with sales teams and sales leadership
* Strong analytical, project management, and process skills
* Required travel up to 20%
* Experience with Education industry preferred
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Charlotte, North Carolina, NC, New York City, New York, NYC, NY, Washington, DC
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. We believe that access to dynamic learning experiences should not be dependent on a student’s location and are committed to partnering with ministries of education, school organizations, and like-minded corporations to captivate students, empower teachers, and transform classrooms with customized solutions that accelerate academic achievement. Our team is collaborative and mission-driven, continuously looking for innovative ways to enhance our services and expand our positive impact on the education universe. We offer the unique combination of being a recognized industry leader with global reach along with the excitement of operating as an entrepreneurial start-up focused on innovation and growth. If you are looking to work in a creative and fast-paced environment with talented and passionate people committed to changing the world through education, now is the time to join the Discovery Education team!
The “adoption” of instructional materials is a process that occurs at the state and/or local level. During this process, print and digital materials are reviewed and approved for use in elementary and secondary public schools.
As part of the adoption process instructional materials are designed and developed in accordance with very specific state criteria. Materials must be carefully aligned with state academic standards. They must also meet criteria regarding content, size, weight, durability, and many other factors. States select instructional programs in various grades and subject levels. Such programs usually include textbooks, study guides, workbooks, online homework helps, websites, teacher editions, and more. Once a state adopts an instructional program, school districts may purchase it for use locally.