Manager - Procurement, P&C and Contingent Labor
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
This was removed by the employer on 12/1/2022 12:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager - Procurement, P&C and Contingent Labor jobs in Knoxville-TN
Search all Manager - Procurement, P&C and Contingent Labor postings
Full Time Job
The Warner Bros Discovery (WBD) Procurement Manager for People & Culture (P&C) and Contingent Labor supports category strategy development and associated initiatives for all human resources and contingent labor subcategories for the company. He/she has experience in human resources procurement with prior experience in this category. He/she proactively partners with P&C business stakeholders to develop category strategies and lead sourcing projects, enable specification definition and demand management, as well as managing supplier performance and innovation activities. P&C and Contingent Labor represents $388M in third party spend and contributes to business success and revenue growth. Warner Bros Discovery Procurement Manager for P&C and Contingent Labor will report to the Procurement Director: P&C and Contingent Labor.
• Supports the development of category strategy recommendations in a concise and persuasive fashion and leads implementation of the sourcing strategy (optimization, process enhancements, sole source or short-list negotiations, leverage added scope, competitive bidding, reverse auctions, etc.)
• Is resourceful in obtaining relevant information for developing new category strategies, and supporting decisions within the category and/or sourcing engagements for the business unit
• Compile and synthesize both business requirements and external market conditions to develop optimal category strategy with full understanding of potential shortfalls and risk mitigation plans.
• Develops and assemble required Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quotation (RFQ) or Request for Proposal (RFP) to facilitate development of sourcing strategy.
Supplier Selection / Management
• Conducts comprehensive supplier analysis (strategic direction, financial health/risk due diligence, market position, power within industry, capabilities & capacity, risk assessment)
• Develops and implements supplier relationship programs that cut across multiple WBD business divisions
Sourcing-driven Project Management
• Identify and implement large scale, complex projects across divisions and territories. May involve outsourcing analysis and total cost of ownership considerations.
• Leads the entire Request for Proposal (RFP) process which includes leading cross-functional teams in selecting partners to facilitate business requirements.
• Demonstrates consistent success in meeting or exceeding goals, timelines, and expectations for multiple projects that may be occurring simultaneously.
Financial, Cost, Spend Analysis. Cost Savings Reporting
• Breaks paradigms to look at financial/analytical problems in new ways.
• Develops detailed analyses of financial statements and industry cost drivers.
• Conceives and develops complex analytical & pricing models, including analysis of financial statements and industry cost drivers. Can apply various types of financial analyses to address challenges.
• Analyzes market/category trends and historical spending patterns to identify opportunities for supplier consolidation and (re)negotiations.
Negotiations, Contract Creation & Management
• Leads and develop negotiation strategies, contract analyses, sourcing communications and meetings.
• Possesses the experience and confidence to make well-judged decisions independently, which consider the short- and long-term impacts to the interests of the business.
• Collaborates with stakeholders and legal counsel to lead global negotiations and contract coordination.
• Has the necessary business acumen to be thoroughly conversant in the intent and rationale behind contract provisions from a business as well as legal perspective, and acts as a liaison between the contracting entities, legal groups, and other parties as necessary .
• 3-5 years experience in procurement and strategic sourcing
• Experience in human resources procurement viewed favorably
, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, operations, engineering, supply chain management or similar focus.
• Professional accreditation in procurement viewed favorably
• Project management experience, excellent communication skills, ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, and a team building work style for a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency in developing complex RFPs and conducting complex bid analysis required.
• Strong supplier management/performance measurement monitoring experience.
• Knowledgeable of, and experienced in, application of Strategic Sourcing best practices.
• Ability to deliver professional and effective communications, verbally or in writing. Can develop thorough presentations that are persuasive, and result in positive impact on the business. Full English language proficiency.
• Analytical skills and demonstrated application of category-specific best practices.
• Able to conceive, comprehend, analyze, translate and apply complex business strategies/practices/requirements into RFXs & analytical/financial models.
• Strong project leader, emphasis on execution, multi-tasking & managing multiple priorities.
• Highly Collaborative, Flexible team player. Ability to manage cross-functional teams and influence without authority.
• Self-motivated, works independently, minimal direction needed.
• Ability to manage multiple projects & tasks that may be occurring simultaneously with tight timelines.