Manager - People & Culture Operations
Discovery CommunicationsLondon, UK
This was removed by the employer on 2/2/2022 7:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Human Resources Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager - People & Culture Operations jobs in London-UK
Search all Manager - People & Culture Operations postings
Full Time Job
Manager - People & Culture Operations - Contingent Workforce (12 Month FTC)
Discovery’s Flexible Staffing Program is an essential piece of the talent and resource picture for our businesses and managers. Our Flexible Workers Programs allow Discovery teams to resource and staff temporary roles, projects, temporary to permanent opportunities, and leave coverage by leveraging a more flexible worker group such as freelancers, independent contractors, agency workers and contingent staff. Our programs support providing additional resources when needed, while also ensuring compliance to local and federal laws and limiting potential exposure for the company.
This role is part of our Global People & Culture (human resources) team and supports our Flexible Staffing function in the UK. As a team member, you'll be a resource for Discovery's London offices, a key point of contact for managers, candidates, P&C Partners, and 3rd party vendors. You’ll also help lead vendor management programs and the expansion of the P&C systems, tools and support in other countries.
• Responsible for relationship management with Flexible Workforce vendors across multiple countries, specifically the UK RPO.
• Educate and guide managers on appropriate programs and processes for their flexible staffing needs
• Monitor, respond and escalate messages received in the Flexible Staffing Inbox
• Partner with the legal team to ensure compliance with employment classification, including regulations around IR35 in the UK and other key legislative requirements including compliance regarding recent regulations around Agency Workers compliance.
• Work closely with our P&C Operations team in Warsaw on vendor management system requirements, flexible worker processes, troubleshooting issues, etc
• Serve as a resource and SME for flexible staff hiring methods to clients and P&C Partners to navigate and support their flexible staffing needs
• Oversee approvals in vendor management system
• Manage relationships with key stakeholders, to ensure seamless provision of appropriate quality advisory and transactional services and alignment with the wider People & Culture function
• Responsible for partnering with P&C Operations in Warsaw to provide input for the design of the Service Delivery blueprint, which includes design of the service delivery model and service management framework, implementation of all tools, culture, working practices, capability development and continuous improvement approach into the service center teams
• Review and sign off on the process documentation and technical design documentation to confirm understanding and assure quality of the P&C solution which will transition into the P&C Global Services team as we continue to roll out services to other markets
• Input to audit, risk and controls, compliance management and reporting requirements
• Responsible for identifying reports required to determine service performance and responsible for analysing for service improvement opportunities both internally and externally.
• Propose new initiatives to stakeholders across the P&C team, advise and recommend best practice
• Continuously review performance levels to support the identification and execution of continuous improvements to ensure effective service delivery, as well as against performance standards, employee feedback and KPIs
• In depth operational focus and subject matter expertise in HR shared services, with comprehensive experience in HR shared services environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in HR / business / or related field; or equivalent work experience
• Understanding of global HR processes and service centre/service delivery is essential, with extensive experience in customer service delivery, recruitment support management and US compensation and benefits administration
• Excellent customer service experience and behaviour management within a team
• Experience in working on a complex change or transformation project involving UK IR35 and/or other legislation affecting the flexible workforce population.
• A track record of building, maintaining and managing strong relationships and stakeholder groups
• Highly motivated and self-starter, with high level of energy and pro-active approach to work
• Ability to communicate professionally, clearly and effectively to target audiences
• Ability to drive design decisions and business outcomes using informed recommendations, whilst able to manage conflicts and differences in opinions
• Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines on multiple projects or tasks concurrently
• Proactive in seeking information, challenging norms and driving efficiency
• Working with a global consumer base and different cultures
• Able to work comfortably on a global scale with a large team