Manager, Partner Marketing
Discovery CommunicationsSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
The Manager, Partner Marketing role will work in tandem with Domestic Distribution National Account and Marketing teams to build and execute multi-platform partner campaigns and programs designed to drive partner objectives, Domestic Distribution and network goals. Key focus of this role is on managing the B2B affiliate website and the affiliate “Real Rewards” loyalty incentive program, affiliate communication, supporting the creation of custom sales materials and promoting the Discovery portfolio of networks via client’s Local Media Sales business.
1. Manage the maintenance and new features / enhancements development for the affiliate website. Support the Director, Partner Marketing in the execution of the product roadmap and website strategy. Continuously refresh content/design strategies to provide on-going value to discoveryaffiliate.com visitors.
2. Oversee administration of and reporting for the “Real Rewards” loyalty program. Support the Director, Partner Marketing in the planning, sell-in, administration and optimization of key promotional programs as well as the ongoing evergreen program in an effort to drive unpaid media value for Discovery’s programming priorities. Oversee ongoing monitoring of and analytics for the program, including monitoring budget, assessing campaign performance, engagement and customer satisfaction. Manage vendor relationships.
3. Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the local and national marketing strategies for affiliate products and services including but not limited to basic cable, digital cable, high-definition, video-on-demand, online, TV Everywhere, Spanish-language, broadband, telephony, etc. Identify and evaluate key marketplace trends and seek opportunities to create unique partnerships and marketing offerings that drive value for affiliate partners and Discovery, Inc.
4. Provide strategic thinking and devise marketing plans to serve affiliates’ local ad sales business in support of all major network programming initiatives. Manage partner relationships at the regional and local levels. In conjunction with the events team, manage execution of key client and barter experience events.
5. Provide strategic and tactical support to National Accounts and Partner Marketing team on projects designed to garner distribution and exposure for the portfolio of Discovery networks. Develop affiliate-facing Sales Marketing tools including but not limited to customized sales tools for key client presentations and VIP client communication.
6. Handle special marketing projects, as needed, that support key distribution and unpaid media goals for Discovery, Inc. Networks.
7. Align internal and client priorities in order to drive Domestic Distribution marketing strategy. Continually merchandise all key marketing activity to senior management both internally and externally, building value for our networks with our distribution partners.
8. Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders including key Distribution Partners, National Accounts Strategy Team, network teams, vendors and agencies.
* 5-7 years of experience in marketing, sales, and/or account management with 2 years in a client facing role; media/television experience strongly preferred.
* Four-year college degree required.
* Background in partner marketing strategy, marketing loyalty programs, promotions, budget management, and account management.
* Must have an understanding of industry, competitive landscape, new technologies, digital and social media.
* Must have strong analytical skills to assess key markets and opportunities with a demonstrated ability to build strategic plans that support sales objectives.
* Strong communication and excellent interpersonal skills with ability to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, vendors and agencies.
* Core competencies needed in complex project management, attention to detail and managing diverse workload under tight deadlines. Must be comfortable in fast-paced environment.
* Self-starter and ability to own and advance projects is essential.
* Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud, knowledge of HTML / web standards / web analytics, knowledge of Customshow a plus.
* Must be willing to travel (approximately 25%)
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Silver Spring, Maryland, MD