Manager, Multiplatform Content,
Discovery CommunicationsLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
This role will serve as a key member of the discovery team, supporting the development and production of Midform, Shortform, and Podcast content to support discovery Originals. The right person for this role must have a background in developing / producing and overseeing video content produced for social platforms in addition to having a great understanding of the Podcast market. They must be an excellent communicator, nimble, adaptable, and proactive, with a passion for social media with an understanding of each platform and what its capabilities are. This position can sit in any of Discovery's US offices and will report to discovery 's VP of Multiplatform Content.
1. Work in an advisory and consultative capacity in partnership with VP of Multiplatform Content, along with the network content teams to develop companion midform show ideas where appropriate.
2. Collaborate with the discovery Multiplatform team on original multiplatform ideas from conception to release, including working with our internal social teams, our Podcast team, and external production partners/influencers as necessary.
3. Lead and progress the efforts on maximizing the value of Discovery's content library by creating innovative experiences both on and off platform (e.g., Collections, Immersions).
4. Where applicable, partner with Discovery's ad sales and ad sales marketing teams to package multiplatform content for brand integration and / or sponsorships.
5. Interpret user data to make data-informed content decisions to drive constant, ongoing optimization of discovery Multiplatform Content including greenlighting decisions on potential projects.
6. Implement processes for smooth collaboration across the network groups, whether joining existing processes or inventing new ones, with a spirit of constant iteration to meet the evolving Multiplatform landscape and priorities
7. Play a key role as a tastemaker to identify future talent, shows, as well as apply deep understanding across Discovery's core genres, including true crime, food, home, science, nature, and adventure.
• Bachelor's degree in related field or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and hands-on experience
• Minimum 4 years development and/or production experience, with a thorough understanding of how to optimize content for a social video and streaming platform first.
• Understanding of and passion for nonfiction storytelling.
• Demonstrated good judgment, strong critical thinking skills, and a developed taste for a broad variety of digital media.
• Proven ability to work proactively, independently, and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills; must be articulate and professional in both written and verbal forms.
• Ability to thrive in an evolving and fast-paced environment, prioritizing and handling multiple projects concurrently.
• Must be collaborative, curious, resourceful
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States