Manager, Media Strategy & Analytics
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 12/8/2020 6:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Media Strategy & Analytics jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Media Strategy & Analytics postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Media Strategy & Analytics? Job Summary
The Media Strategy & Analytics team acts as an internal media agency that handles the strategy, execution, and reporting of all paid & owned media vehicles with the goal of driving multiplatform viewership of Discovery Inc’s 16 networks (Discovery, TLC, HGTV, Food Network, etc.).
This role is a critical position within the Media Strategy and Analytics team, specifically within the Paid Acquisition Strategy pod. S/he will be responsible for overseeing traditional media investment channels (TV, Radio, Print), managing corporate and affiliate media relationships, all geared towards developing media plans that are strategic and data-driven, with the goal of efficiently acquiring consumers who will watch the various Discovery networks on all devices.
• Own the day-to-day communication with media partners, affiliate & corporate teams and marketing teams, both network and digital streaming platforms, ensuring timely, accurate and detailed rationale for recommended media placements.
• Through hands-on usage of the data-driven media toolkit, execute optimized traditional media buys (TV and radio) through MSA’s buying tools in conjunction with network strategy counterpart.
• Strategically plan all high visibility corporate campaigns for affiliate/distribution, trade, etc. needs
• Track key budget commitments to ensure accurately tracking and pacing with our media partners
• Shepperd vendor relationships across all media tactics, evaluating capabilities and recommending use to continually evolve MSA’s buying capacity
• Work with network strategy counterpart to determine tangible and measurable goals for all campaigns, focusing on post reporting that uncovers the “why” behind performance in order to garner learnings that are actionable.
• Acquire consumer research data to support media strategies, either internally/externally.
• Minimum 5 years of paid media planning experience.
• Demonstrated expertise in media strategy and execution, ideally within a media agency.
• Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanor, excellent communicator, and able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Polished with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Experience with direct client relationship responsibilities includes regular reporting, collaborative strategic planning, and performance management.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Analytical with a comfort in dealing with numbers and reporting.
• Reasonable availability to respond to requests and attend the real-time needs of campaigns outside normal business hours.
• Willingness and flexibility to “pitch in” with various ad-hoc projects to help support the larger Media Strategy & Analytics team.
• Ability to adapt to change and continually evolve skills to meet the everchanging needs of the television industry.
• Understanding of TV Everywhere and the Television ecosystem is a plus.
• Experience with Direct Response is strongly preferred with experience with attribution and conversion reporting.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office systems, specifically in Excel and PowerPoint.
• College degree required.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.