Manager, Marketing Operations
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/3/2021 7:33:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager, Marketing Operations jobs in New York-NY
Search all Manager, Marketing Operations postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager, Marketing Operations? Job Summary
This role will assist the digital and corporate marketing team responsible for marketing and audience development strategies for discovery and the Discovery Digital Studios group. The position will report to the Director of Digital Marketing and PR and work alongside a Digital Marketing Manager and a Coordinator, Audience Development. The position will be essential to the marketing group in documenting, managing, and organizing all upper funnel and mid-funnel marketing campaigns related to discovery , the company’s new direct-to-consumer streaming service, and original titles on the platform. The position is a great opportunity for a highly organized and process-driven person with a background in marketing, creative, and/or communications who is interested in honing operations for a nimble and strategic digital marketing team.
• Streamline internal processes for more efficient execution of marketing campaigns.
• Partner with the creative PMs and the media team to support the marketing team in fulfilling media buys.
• Ownership over on-time, organized delivery of marketing creative assets—ensuring quality/accuracy of assets, communicating feedback, and applying consistent file naming conventions.
• Act as a liaison between the marketing team, network teams, and creative teams; communicate project schedules, timelines, and resource management to coordinate creative efforts between internal teams.
• Update and maintain marketing tracking and planning documents, including executive reports.
• Assist in documenting marketing plans and creative needs around network priorities and distribute to internal stakeholders.
• Assist in organizing all on-air (cross & off-channel) delivery of marketing promos.
• Provide operational help between marketing and media team to fulfill media buys efficiently, document needs, and communicate changes to buys/creative executions.
• Appetite for understanding various marketing platforms at a high level.
• Minimum 5 years of marketing experience. Preferably with cross-functional teams including traditional marketing, product marketing, media buying, and/or creative.
• Self-starter, highly motivated, positive demeanor, excellent communicator, and able to juggle multiple assignments simultaneously
• Demonstrated organizational skills
• Ability to set/meet deadlines while maintaining strong attention to detail
• Experience juggling and prioritizing multiple projects
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
• Self-starter who is able to develop and implement systems and processes from the ground up
• A strong and efficient communicator who wants their team at “inbox zero”
• Polished with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Analytical with a comfort in dealing with numbers and reporting
• Reasonable availability to respond to requests and attend the real-time needs of campaigns outside normal business hours
• Willingness and flexibility to “pitch in” with various ad-hoc projects to help support the larger Audience Development team
• Proficient in Google Drive and all Google Suite programs
• College degree required
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.