Manager- Legal Entity Management
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, TN
This was removed by the employer on 3/15/2021 8:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Manager- Legal Entity Management jobs in New York-TN
Search all Manager- Legal Entity Management postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Manager- Legal Entity Management? Short Description
Discovery, Inc. seeks a bright, highly motivated, detail and process-oriented individual for the role of Manager, Legal Entity Management. This role is responsible for overseeing all general corporate and entity management activities for Discovery’s entire portfolio of global subsidiaries as well as tracking and maintaining information on minority investments and joint ventures.
This role can be based in either Silver Spring, Maryland or New York City.
1. Manage all required legal entity corporate compliance activities for domestic and international entities, including annual meetings, appointment of directors and officers, annual reports filings.
2. Coordinate and build relationships with other legal professionals and internal stakeholders to stay up-to-date on activities of the business impacting legal entity filings and corporate governance documents.
3. Respond to internal requests for information and prepare documents such as powers of attorney, secretary’s certificates and written resolutions; coordinate requests to executives for signatures on documents.
4. Coordinate the formation, maintenance, and dissolution of legal entities and assist with corporate restructuring activities.
5. Oversee maintenance of database of subsidiaries, physical and electronic minute books and other corporate records.
6. Liase with external service providers; review and approve related invoices.
7. Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Minimum of 6-8 years of legal experience and 3 years of legal entity management experience, preferably in a corporate legal department.
• Significant experience managing corporate records and minute books; experience with international entities required.
• Demonstrated attention to detail, with excellent analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to initiate, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, anticipate and meet frequent deadlines in a timely manner, and manage projects independently and efficiently from start to finish.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
• Excellent computer skills a must (including Microsoft Office, Google Workspace/Google Suite, knowledge/experience setting up databases, tables, knowledge of redlining software); experience with Diligent Entities/Blueprint OneWorld a plus.
• Bachelors’ degree or equivalent work experience required; law degree or paralegal training certification is a plus.
Nearest Major Market: Manhattan
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.