Manager- Legal Entity Management
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Discovery Inc seeks a bright, highly motivated individual for the role of Manager, Legal Entity Management. This role is responsible for overseeing all general corporate and entity management activities for Discovery’s entire portfolio of global subsidiaries as well as tracking and maintaining information on minority investments and joint ventures.
This role can be based in either Knoxville, Tennessee or London, United Kingdom.
1. Manage all required legal entity corporate compliance activities, including annual meetings, appointment of directors and officers, powers of attorney, annual reports, document preparation, etc. 35%
2. Liaise with other company departments, external vendors and outside counsel to complete various corporate activities, respond to internal inquiries for information, and review and approve entity management related invoices. 25%
3. Coordinate the formation, maintenance, and dissolution of legal entities and assist with corporate restructuring activities. 20%
4. Oversee maintenance of database of subsidiaries, minute books and other corporate records. 15%
5. Other duties as assigned. 5%
* Minimum of 6-8 years of corporate law experience, preferably in a large law firm or in-house legal department.
* Significant experience managing corporate records and minute books; experience with international entities a plus.
* Demonstrated attention to detail, with excellent analytical and organizational skills.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
* Ability to initiate, prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, meet and anticipate frequent deadlines in a timely manner, and manage projects independently from start to finish.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
* Excellent computer skills a must (including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, knowledge/experience setting up databases, tables, knowledge of redlining software); experience with Blueprint OneWorld a plus.
* Bachelors’ degree required; law degree or paralegal training certification is a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States if applying for US position.
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN
Discovery is the number-one nonfiction media company, with a reach that encompasses television as well as digital media, retail products and online educational services. Our goal of helping people to explore their world and satisfy their curiosity depends on maintaining a creative and entrepreneurial environment where individual expression, achievement and recognition go hand-in-hand with our business objectives and performance.
The Corporate Legal department is responsible for all legal matters related to DCI’s businesses and operations, worldwide. The legal department provides advice and counsel on broad range of areas including employment, retail, technology, advertising, marketing, mergers and acquisitions, commercial joint ventures, licensing, trademarks, patents, corporate operations and litigation. This department negotiates and drafts a wide array of contracts including employment agreements, independent contractor agreements, software licenses, bank loans and asset/stock purchase agreements.