Manager, IT Content LATAM
Discovery CommunicationsMiami, FL
Full Time Job
The Manager, Content Systems – DLA will oversee several business software solutions that support both Global solutions and solutions specific to the DLA content business.
This position will have direct accountability for maintaining the relationship between IT strategy, projects and day-to-day operations of key business systems, including but not limited to IBMS. This includes ensuring that the overall product(s) operate efficiently and effectively. The Manager will be also be responsible for working with the DLA and/or DNI content leads to set strategic direction for all relevant business software related needs and coordinating the delivery of new projects in collaboration with other IT departments in an efficient and effective manner in effort to successfully deliver solutions across all software disciplines.
The Manager will represent the technology organization as necessary during technology, business process, and strategy activities, ensuring IT is aligned with business priorities.
1. Manage a team of business analysts responsible for:
• Ongoing operational maintenance and support of all systems under their responsibility.
• Analysis of business process changes for potential system impacts.
• Coordination with Production Support team and provision for 3rd level support for production issues, including problem identification, definition, implementation of short-term work around(s) and coordination of long-term solutions, which may involve working with development team(s).
• Prioritization of production issues and routine changes
• Work with business users to identify priorities for new project and enhancement work
2. System and business process design
3. Design of systems gap analysis as necessary
4. Technology consulting role to align Business Process to technology solutions
5. Customer Relationship Management
6. Vendor Operational and Relationship Management to ensure strategic interests of Discovery’s business is built into product roadmaps
1. Lead technology team throughout software project delivery activities, including:
• Working with business to align software needs to business priority
• Defining software solution options
• Documenting requirements
• Plan, execute, and finalize the IT support for multiple complex projects according to defined deadlines and within budget
• Project cost assessments, scope and timelines
• Management of project scope and actively communicating with all key stakeholders
• Management of the full software development lifecycle, from design through post-production support
1. Regularly interact with key business leaders to align investment priorities for business area.
2. Create and/or contribute to, manage, and communicate system roadmaps that align to business strategies.
3. Provide status on ongoing investments to key business leaders and IT management.
1. Select, develop, and evaluate personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the team
2. Establish operational objectives and work plans, delegate assignments to team members
3. Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements
4. Acquire resources and coordinate the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan
5. Capability to manage remotely
1. Identify areas of cost savings to reduce the total cost of ownership of our systems
1. Work with product owners to managing the relationship with 3rd party software vendors – developing Statements of Work, monitoring vendor quality and deliverables, providing input to product roadmap discussions, and approving completed work.
2. Matrix with peers to deliver solutions across software and business processes not directly supported by the content applications, e.g., US Revenue, International Revenue, HR, Finance, and Collaboration systems
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT management, with at least 2 years in a senior role.
* Minimum 5 years of experience as a business analyst or product manager
* Experience supporting technology solutions in a Media industry organization
* Experience in a role involving the relationship and communication required between IT and business units to ensure that IT can understand and effectively satisfy business requirements within budget and policy constraints.
* Experience successfully dealing with Director/VP/SVP level business and IT management.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience with mid to large-scale software development projects – understanding all phases of systems development
* Minimum of 3 years project management
* Strong prioritization and organization skills
* Strong presentation and communication skills; excellent listening skills, ability to interface with business customers at all levels of the organization
* Excellent project management skills
* Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
* Excellent people skills – negotiation, conflict resolution, providing direction and focus
* Proven ability to successfully operate within, and contribute to, a high growth, entrepreneurial, fast paced business and matrix environment.
* Ability to see the big picture, generate and adopt new ideas, and successfully manage and facilitate change.
* A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or Business administration, or equivalent work experience.
* Legal right to work in the United States
* Some travel (10% to 15%) to conventions or other Discovery offices may be required
* Fluency in English and Spanish required (Portuguese a plus).
* Experience in media industry strongly preferred.
* Experience with working on content systems that support TV programmers (e.g. IBMS) supporting end-to-end content planning, rights management, scheduling functions and integration into sales, media management, listings, playout, and distribution.
Miami, Florida, FL, MIA
As Discovery Inc’s portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-tv, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.