Manager, Growth Optimization
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
What’s in it for you?
This is an incredibly exciting time to join the digital business. As the Conversion Rate Optimization Manager, you will play a key role in the evolution and success of the Direct-to-Consumer (DTC) business. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a dynamic, passionate and incredibly talented creative team to launch a new subscription-based streaming & interactive experience from the ground up.
Reporting to the Director, Customer Growth Marketing, you will lead our efforts to optimize performance of our acquisition program including marketing campaigns, landing pages and in-app experiences. This role is crucial to delivering against our 2020 growth targets, and will be responsible for establishing and implementing an ongoing and robust testing and optimization program to deliver against our aggressive goals.
• A self-starter with a performance marketing/eCommerce background who thinks creatively and analytically to drive growth.
• Proven ability to respectfully challenge the status quo, design innovative and business driven testing programs, and communicate with influence.
• Prior experiences leading conversion rate optimization programs within fast-paced, direct to consumer, subscription environments that deliver results.
• Are proficient in key web analytics platforms, web testing platforms and CRO tools, and able to do deep data analysis to provide testing methodology and KPIs, analyze results and provide data-driven recommendations.
1. Lead the development of our optimization and testing program, including establishing a testing cadence and methodology for tracking results.
2. Optimize our conversion funnel across our on-site and in-app customer purchase journey to increase conversion rate and deliver against subscription targets.
3. Lead the A/B testing program with a focus on implementing strategies that improve conversion rate for in market campaigns, and all landing pages.
4. Become the trusted advisor and CRO expert for the direct to consumer marketing team.
5. Partner with the Creative, Web Analytics and Digital Product team to prioritize a roadmap and operationalize a testing calendar.
6. Partner with the Acquisition media team to enhance our landing page capabilities and develop, test, and launch leading site experiences that connect to our advertising strategies.
7. Partner with the paid marketing teams, agencies, designers, and tech teams to implement new testing strategies.
8. Write up testing plans and provide results across internal departments to share learning and support cross department priorities.
9. Work with analytics and product teams to develop testing reporting models, to track and report the outcomes of split tests.
10. Establish self as the ‘voice of the customer’ and represent marketing objectives in product development plans and prioritizations.
* 5 years’ experience in conversion rate optimization of websites, landing pages, in-app purchase flows and marketing campaigns, preferably within a direct to consumer subscription environment. Entertainment media experience is a plus.
* At least 3 years’ experience utilizing conversion rate optimization tools like Optimizely, Adobe Target Google Optimize or the equivalent.
* Proficiency in web analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics), tag management, data analysis and excel
* Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic start-up environment
* Meticulous attention to detail & strong organization skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York, New York City, NYC, NY
Discovery's Digital group is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Communications. We are fast, nimble and have fun developing new, innovative and immersive digital content for eighteen iconic brands, including Discovery Channel, HGTV, TLC, Food Network, Investigation Discovery, OWN and Animal Planet.
We are a small but mighty team working at the crossroads of technology and entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we’re building on the Discovery legacy by using technology to evolve the viewing experience… telling better, more engaging stories to millions of viewers across the Internet every day.