Manager FP&A Corporate
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Discovery, Inc., the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Manager to join our Financial Planning & Analysis team.
The Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis will report to the VP, FPA supporting the Global Corporate Departments. The successful candidate will be able to apply critical thinking skills and financial concepts to modeling, reporting, analysis, planning and strategy and have superior communication skills and experience with senior executives. This position will be based out of New York.
1. Forge relationships with senior executives of Corporate Depts and other cross-functional operational groups and be the go-to finance lead.
2. Lead monthly forecast, annual budget and LRP processes for all corporate functions (annual budget of over $400M) and partner with business operations to achieve financial objectives.
3. Understand expense drivers, analyze trends and determine variance explanations for senior management reporting packages. Have a holistic view of business risks/opps and financial impact.
4. Lead financial modeling (ROI/NPV) and analyses for business cases and ad hoc projects.
5. Develop and prepare financial “dashboard” reports with relevant KPIs for senior team members.
6. Act as a subject matter expert with respect to FP&A forecasting tools for the team.
7. Analyze and maintain cost allocation methodologies to the divisions used in annual budget and monthly forecasts.
8. Facilitate communication between department heads / budget managers and the accounting / finance teams to ensure proper coding and accounting treatment of expenses.
9. Proactively identify best practices and facilitate their implementation
10. Support budget owners with issue analysis and resolution (via critical thinking while adequately considering financial impacts).
11. Manage Senior Financial Analyst and help train other staff members when needed.
12. Proactively encourage and maintain high standards of accountability within the team to demand and deliver superior quality financial information in a timely manner.
13. Work on special projects as needed.
* Minimum seven years’ experience in financial analysis, business planning or accounting.
* Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or an equivalent combination of skills, training, and experience. MBA strongly preferred.
* Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, analytical, people management and interpersonal skills required.
* Ability to communicate and build relationships with all functional areas of the organization at all levels, especially senior executives.
* Advanced excel modeling skills in manipulating and analyzing data (including Power Pivot, Power Query, macros, other advanced functions such as Index - Match).
* Superior problem solving and project management skills, with the ability to proactively manage a variety of projects and timelines.
* Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, work independently, and strong attention to detail a must.
* Strongly prefer experience with BPC, EPM and SAP.
* Experience with DAX, MDX, SQL a plus.
* Media experience a plus.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
New York City, New York, NYC, NY