Manager Finance, DGE
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Finance Manager will be responsible for supporting the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, and long-range financial plans for Discovery Global Enterprises (DGE). Primary support would be for licensing, along with supporting other off-channel revenue streams.
1. Manage monthly cost reporting and variance analysis of business unit discretionary budgets and meet monthly with budget managers to review forecast and other issues.
2. Work with functional finance teams and global resources to complete monthly reporting and analysis, monitoring financial performance against the plan, informing Director/leadership of any issues that could impact operating results.
Business Planning, Forecasting & Analysis
1. Support annual budgeting processes including alignment of detailed build-up with high level financial targets, and calculation of key metrics.
2. Support long range planning with multi-year projections by lines of business, and alignment of financial and operating objectives.
3. Prepare monthly forecasting of revenue and expenses to predict operating results. Coordinate forecasting processes across the business.
4. Partner with International Finance counterparts for the development of consolidated management reports.
Financial & Operational Control
1. Work with Accounting for monthly reviews of royalties for each relevant area of the business, noting variances to forecasts.
2. Partner with Legal team regarding contractual concerns with revenue recognition and other financial implications.
3. Establish strong relationships with the business managers, anticipating key issues and informational needs and always being prepared to lead analyses that enable business decision-making.
* Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance required.
* Advanced degree (MBA, MS in Accounting/Finance) preferred.
* Minimum six years of experience in finance, including financial planning and analysis; preferably in a global setting.
* Strong understanding of accounting principles.
* Familiar with end-to-end budgeting, forecasting, and monthly reporting processes.
* Experience with financial planning software and general ledger systems; SAP and EPM/OLAP software is a plus.
* High integrity individual with strong organizational, management, and interpersonal skills.
* Extremely results-oriented, with ability to identify issues and follow through with efficient, effective solutions.
* Proven ability to build confidence and trust with internal and external constituencies and provide excellent customer service.
* Proficiency in MS Office applications.
* Must have the legal right to work in the US
New York, New York City, NY, NYC