Manager, Ediscovery & Digital Forensics
Discovery CommunicationsSterling, CA
Full Time Job
As Warner Bros. Discovery’s portfolio continues to grow - worldwide and across platforms - the Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world-class standard for which Warner Bros. Discovery (WBD) is known. Technology & Operations builds, implements, and maintains the business systems and technology critical for delivering Warner Bros. Discovery's products while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Warner Bros. Discovery's growing pay-TV, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
WBD Global Information & Content Security (GICS) department seeks a Manager, eDiscovery and Digital Forensics to provide experienced digital forensics support, technology, and subject matter expertise to the electronic discovery and digital forensics team. This position engages closely with the legal department in the secure preservation, creation, management, and delivery of eDiscovery requests across the globe. Initiates and manages the forensic data collection process to support the forensic investigation for assigned engagement, lead forensic update calls to ensure accurate updates are conveyed as they relate to investigations.
This role specializes in the preservation, collection, and analysis of electronically stored information and supporting legal requests for support to closure, focusing on projects from a global program perspective. The position will report to the Senior Director of eDiscovery and Digital Forensics, supporting WBD legal, ethics, internal audit, employment, privacy, and information security teams. The role is broad-ranging, requiring a brilliant individual with an eye for detail and the ability to engage dynamic teams on a global level.
You will work with teams to address issues as required, review, prioritize and deliver operations improvement opportunities across the spectrum of the electronic discovery reference model, maintain detailed and accurate evaluation notes for issue tracking and process improvements. You will play a dynamic role in helping us meet our litigation support and incident response goals while protecting our high-quality customer experience, work closely with GICS to triage, address, resolve security issues, and validate assumptions and drive change with analysis and decision-making input.
As a Manager on this technology team, engaging from the beginning stage of responding to security incidents, providing hands-on investigations, forensics, and response expertise, and helping to develop and drive security investigations at WBD. You will also partner closely with the Legal, People and Culture, GICS security engineers/analysts and cyber incident commanders, leading incident investigations and providing mentorship to analysts . You will provide technical expertise for tools made available to the team and shared with internal teams assisting with on-site or remote collection of electronic data, and able to communicate at a technical level with technical and non-technical professionals.
• • Expertise knowledge eDiscovery and digital forensics
• Assist with key components of the eDiscovery and forensics collections, in partnership with IT and Legal departments
• Ability to manage assigned digital forensic efforts in support of eDiscovery requests, employee investigations, and IT security incident response, including but not limited, to internal and external intellectual property (IP) theft, attacks/intrusions, computer abuse, and insider threat investigations
• Possess skills to collect, process, preserve and analyse data from electronic data sources, including laptop and desktop computers, servers, and mobile devices, per company policies and practices
• Maintain full chain of custody and evidence tracking
• Expert ability to perform log, memory, and raw analysis
• Ability to follow through on leads until all possible avenues in investigating a case have been exhausted
• Liaise with the Legal and produce high-quality oral and written work products presenting complex technical matters clearly and concisely; organizing all relevant case information in an easy-to-understand format
• Proficiency in ediscovery with the Guidance EnCase platform, industry-standard tools, and practices applying technical and functional skills
• Keep abreast of current best practices, emerging technologies, and solutions in the context of eDiscovery and Legal hold
• BA or BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
• 24x7 on call support
• Subject Matter Expert on the Open Text EnCase platform
• Minimum six (6) years of experience in computer system and TCP/IP network forensics
• Experience with Unix, Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, iOS and Android operating systems
• Reading and interpreting PCAP and other network forensic data
• Experience with EnCase, FTK, X-Ways or Other Computer Forensic Tools
• Digital Forensic and Incident Response Certifications such as GCFE, GCFA, CHFI, CCE, CFC, EnCE, CFCE, CEH, CISSP, CND, eDiscovery certificate a plus
• Demonstrated skill in performing post-incident computer forensics without destruction of critical data
• Ability to act as full-time on-call for escalation of a cyber security incident and forensic response
• Experience with all imaging types and methods
• Experience in forensic analysis of compromised systems
• Knowledge of policies and procedures regarding chain of custody practice
• Knowledge of proper forensic investigation techniques when working with compromised system images or files
• Detailed knowledge of litigation and related discovery processes
• Technical Report Writing Experience
• Work well as a member of a cross-functional team
• Must have strong initiative and critical thinking skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to show judgement and initiative and to accomplish job duties
• Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
• Consistently improves team results by taking initiative and assuming more responsibility
* Must have the legal right to work in the US
Discovery requires vaccination for employment consideration, except where prohibited by law. Discovery will consider requests for exemption from this requirement upon an offer of employment. Employees with approved exemptions due to health or religious reasons must abide by weekly rigorous COVID-19 testing protocols.
Discovery Communications, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including but not limited to all local Fair Chance Ordinances.
EEO is the Law
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
Transparency In Coverage
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application process, please send an email request to HR@discovery.com