Manager - Dkids Content Development
Discovery CommunicationsBuenos Aires, DF
Full Time Job
The development producer will be a key part in the Production Unit, responsible for managing and expanding the development slate for DK, seeking out new kids programming ideas, source materials, talents and formats.
• Research and develop programming ideas including writing requests for proposals and developing internally generated ideas.
• Review pitches, concepts, treatments, and materials submitted from external vendors and work with Production team to provide timely feedback as assigned.
• Write at the highest industry level treatments, concepts, reviews, presentations and requests for proposals.
• Prepare and deliver internal pitches of the projects deemed ideal for our slate.
• Develop new relationships and maintain existing relationships with the creative community, producers, artists and writers. Build new relationships with potential partners and gather production companies intelligence where necessary.
• Travel the region to take pitches, seek out new producers and projects. Identify industry trends and programming formats throughout Latin America by closely following the competition among other things.
• Clearly communicate DK's editorial requirements and standards of quality to outside production companies during earliest stages of development and pre-production.
• Coordinate weekly Development/update meetings with the Production and Programming departments.
* At least 5 years of experience in the broadcast or cable industry as a writer, producer or head of development in the kids content space.
* Experience in a wide variety of program genres (e.g. live action, animation, entertainment, short formats, etc.).
* Strong motivational skills, with demonstrated ability to work with little supervision and under pressure to meet tight deadlines within budgetary constraints.
* Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to consistently generate and execute new ideas. Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects in varying stages.
* Strong knowledge of the Latin American producing community and established relationships.
* Sophisticated cultural observer with a keen understanding of TV narrative, and knowledge of current audience tastes, digital / social trends and future directions in the kids content space
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
* English and preferably Spanish/Portuguese
Discovery DLA-USH is an equal opportunity employer. Discovery is committed to being an employer of choice, not just a good place to work, but a great and inclusive place to work. To that end, we strive to recruit and maintain a workforce that meaningfully represents the diverse and culturally rich communities that we serve. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disabled status or, genetic information.