Manager CRM - Retention Marketing - Golf
Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The GOLFTV Digital Marketing team is responsible for overseeing the development and execution of strategies and tactics designed to acquire and retain GOLFTV users and subscribers globally. This role will report to the Director, CRM & Retention Marketing and serve as a member of the larger marketing team.
As the Manager, CRM & Retention Marketing, you will become proficient in managing the planning and technical execution of customer campaigns within our email service provider and a related ecosystem of tools. You will be the hands-on operator in those platforms. You will be accountable for the accuracy and timeliness of all campaigns and will utilize the CRM toolkit ecosystem to foster best-in-class campaign creative, deliverability, reporting and insights.
1. Hands on responsibility for campaign execution within the following channels: Email | Push | In-App | Other.
2. Own workflow configuration, data segmentation, setting up HTML template builds or HTML change requests and implement required personalization. HTML coding is currently outsourced. However, ability to make minor HTML changes in the platform is helpful, and ability to perform coding needs and allow us to move some or all of coding inhouse would be beneficial (though not required).
3. Establish processes to track the campaign production steps and key dates from brief to deployment and lead weekly status checks while coordinating with email developers and designers as needed.
4. Understand and validate campaign brief and assets. Ensure requirements are documented and able to be implemented for segmentation, personalization and reporting needs.
5. Deploy proof, workflow and counts to approvers | seed list when applicable.
6. Quality assurance checks.
7. Schedule all ad-hoc and triggered campaigns and verify deployment.
8. Suggest and implement A/B tests utilizing knowledge of platform.
9. First point of collaboration on GDPR compliance requests.
10. Monitor deliverability and utilize available deliverability services & partners such as Return Path / 250ok.
11. Understand and utilize live adaptive content vendors such as Movable Ink / Live Clicker in conjunction with Adobe Campaign Standard to add enhanced email and reporting capabilities.
12. Build custom reports with Campaign and Analytics and assist in the interpretation of campaign and database growth insights.
13. Set-up new surveys in 3rd party survey tool such as Survey Gizmo, coordinate with internal teams needing customer insights, and distribute survey analysis as needed.
14. Occasionally create and deploy campaigns after-hours based on developing golf / GOLFTV-related news.
GOLFTV utilizes Adobe Campaign Standard to deploy email and push campaigns, as well as Adobe Analytics for campaign insights. Knowledge of these and/or similar tools (and willingness to learn these tools) is required.
* 1-2 years of experience with an enterprise email and/or mobile push service provider solution such as Adobe Campaign, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Oracle Responsys, Cheetahmail, Epsilon Dream/Harmony, Zeta, Braze, Urban Airship, etc. Client or agency experience is fine.
* Bachelor’s degree
* You're passionate about digital marketing and have a strong desire to become an expert in technical configuration
* You have working knowledge of HTML and CSS
* Experience in program / project management and campaign delivery
* Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills both verbal and written
* Strong ability to effectively manage multiple assignments across teams in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment; exceptionally organized and detail-oriented
* Self- starter, highly motivated and ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Proactive and willing to master new CRM related technologies that the team may need
* Experience and interest in sports, specifically golf, is a plus, but your technical skills related to the role are of much higher value
* Reasonable availability to respond to requests and monitor/optimize campaigns outside normal business hours as needed
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Position to be based in New York City
New York City, New York, NYC, NY
About Discovery Golf/GOLFTV
GOLFTV is a new international destination for golf fans created by Discovery, a worldwide leader in real-life entertainment and international sports, in partnership with the PGA TOUR. The platform includes a dedicated video streaming service, ensuring fans can watch many of golf’s most exciting tournaments, players and moments, anytime, anywhere on every screen and device.