Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
Discovery, Inc, the new global leader in real life entertainment with powerful brands such as Discovery Channel, TLC, Animal Planet, HGTV, Food Network, and Travel Channel, is searching for a Manager, Consolidation Accounting to join our Corporate Accounting team in Knoxville, TN.
Not familiar with Knoxville?
Many people know Knoxville as the heart of Vol Country, but it's also been named Top 100 Best Places to Live, Forbes’ Best Places for Careers, Forbes’ Most Affordable Cities, Huffington Post’s Top 10 Places to Relocate to in the US and more.
The Manager, Consolidation Accounting will be a part of the team responsible for closing the books for the Company. This individual will be responsible for performing and reviewing the accounting that accompanies a wide array of non-standard and complex areas to ensure compliance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP) and should be comfortable working directly with the Company’s leadership team and internal and external auditors.
1. Performing and reviewing the accounting for complex transactions, including debt and derivatives.
2. Preparing documentation and analysis for hedge-accounting treatment
3. Collaborating with the Treasury team to ensure proper accounting for debt, derivative and investment activity
4. Working with our Technical Accounting & SEC Reporting teams to align and reflect non-standard accounting matters in the books and records of the company
5. Assisting with the facilitation of SEC reporting through process excellence and use of application systems and automation
6. Driving transformation and change in accounting processes and systems
7. Coordinating with the Company’s global accounting teams around the world
8. Preparing and reviewing account reconciliations and rollforwards
9. Making decisions guided by established policies and procedures
10. Performing other duties and responsibilities as needed
What you need to have:
* BS/BA in related discipline from an accredited university
* Minimum of 5 years of experience and a strong understanding of US GAAP and SOX requirements
* Minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory/leadership role
* CPA required
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
It’s a plus if you have:
* Big 4 public accounting background
* Experience in accounting for complex debt, derivative and investment transactions
* Experience with the financial close and consolidation of an SEC registrant
* Experience with SAP, Blackline and BPC / EPM strongly preferred
* Experience working directly with external auditors to resolve complex accounting and reporting issues
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Attention to detail, accuracy and strong organizational skills
* Capacity to effectively manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
* Embraces change driven by evolving business initiatives and maintains positivity when time-sensitive milestones shift
* Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
* Must be able to work collaboratively with cross-functional team members at all levels
* Experience implementing best practices that require significant innovation for improving processes by applying advanced understanding of complex functional/technical and business issues and challenges
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN